Financial Accounting Manager
Company: Local Government Federal Credit Union
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Financial Accounting Manager is responsible for preparing and
generating accurate Enterprise financial records for management
and/or the Board of Directors. Assist in financial management and
regulatory reports for use by Enterprise leadership. The Manager
will research and resolve complex accounting/finance problems while
supporting/training staff. The Manager will also assist in all
accounting functions with internal and external bodies. Utilize
tact and experience-based knowledge to resolve internal and
external issues/concerns or operational issues by explaining
policies and products while representing the Credit Union in a
professional manner and maintaining positive relationships
throughout the organization. Normal Day-to-Day Work
- With the understanding and appreciation that Accounting is an
Enterprise shared resource, supervise, direct and control the
activities of the Financial Accounting staff to ensure a trained,
motivated and professional staff capable of providing efficient and
effective Enterprise Financial Accounting Services. Interview,
hire, train, schedule, assign work, coach and counsel, establish
performance expectations and monitor results. Recommend the
discipline and/or discharge of staff, as appropriate, while
maintaining required documentation. Coach and counsel staff on an
- Prepare monthly financial information for review by Management,
The Board of Directors, and used in Regulatory Reporting (including
but not limited to: 5300 Report, BOD report, FR 2900, or various
- Participate Enterprise initiatives requiring accounting input,
ideas, or product creation with subsequent testing.
- Design, maintain and preside over accounting processes,
procedures, and systems.
- Oversee the balancing, reconcilement, close, research and
problem solving on a variety of general ledger accounts and
products (loans, deposits, investments), including subsidiaries,
wire transfers, ACH and bank reconciliations for LGFCU and its
entities. Responsible for input or oversee input of information as
needed within these processes.
- Work with Human Resources in processing payments for the bank
owned life insurance (BOLI), payroll and other benefits
- Oversee the accounting and operations of the fixed asset
systems, Credit Union ventures, mortgage loans, credit cards, and
member business lending.
- Perform and oversee the accounting, balancing, reconcilement,
combined financial statement preparation, research and problem
solving for LGFCU ventures including the establishment of
subsidiary entities such as a CUSO (Credit Union Service
- Understand and guide staff in monthly financial close
consolidation to include inter-company elimination process.
- Review reconciliations prepared by LGFCU and SECU staff and
ensure proper documentation with subsequent clearing of outstanding
- Strive to continually improve accounting processes and internal
- Maintain current knowledge of NCUA requirements, general
accounting procedures and equipment related to a computerized
accounting function by reading, attendance at NCUA, Credit Union
League, and various national credit union conferences or seminars.
Job Qualifications Here are a few skills you MUST have to be
considered for this position.
- minimum of 7-9 years' experience dealing with accounting and
finance and 1-3 years of management experience
- In depth knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting and data
- Ability to educate non-financial professionals about financial
reporting and accounting.
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment
and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to:
PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer
- Travel required sometimes. Here are a few qualifications we'd
LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Must have a BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, or
- Active CPA is desirable.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years' experience at a financial
- In depth knowledge of Credit Union regulations and legislation.
About the LGFCU Culture If you are working here, or considering
working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU
culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of
a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands
together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this
end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members
of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents
opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really
believe that when our employees succeed, members win. If you have
questions about this position description, please feel welcome to
ask. You can reach our HR at: LGFCU Human Resources 3600 Wake
Forest Rd Raleigh, NC 27609
Keywords: Local Government Federal Credit Union, Raleigh , Financial Accounting Manager, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!