PROMOTIONS DIRECTOR: WKIX-FM (KIX 102.9), WKIX-AM (OLDIES 104.7), WQDR-AM (ROCK 92.9), WPTF-AM
Company: Curtis Media Group
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Copyright 2014 Brand Exponents All Rights Reserved Curtis Media
Group has an immediate opening for a full-time Promotions Director
for four of its radio stations in the Raleigh-Durham market: KIX
102.9 (Classic Hits), Oldies 104.7, Rock 92.9 (Classic Rock), and
News-Talk WPTF. Qualified candidates will have 2-5 years of public
relations, marketing, or radio experience. Bachelor's degree in
Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field is
preferred. The Promotions Director will report to the General
Managers and Program Directors of the radio stations and work
closely with the various sales and programming staff members. Ideal
candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Focus on customer service, both inside and outside the radio
station; strong people skills are required to interact with
clients, sales staff, programming staff, vendors and
- Leadership and management skills to hire, manage and direct
- Prior radio and promotions experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of or prior experience in the Raleigh-Durham radio
market is a plus.
- Planning and executing all promotions of the radio stations, in
cooperation with the General Managers and Program Directors,
including sales-based promotions, programming promotions, events,
remotes and digital promotions.
- Writing promotional proposals and recaps.
- Working with Curtis Media digital/web producers to execute
promotions, contests and content for station web sites or social
- Writing and helping to produce station promos.
- Maintaining accurate and detailed calendars of upcoming station
- Compliance with applicable FCC and North Carolina rules and
regulations when executing on-air and web-based
- Conducting weekly promotion meetings.
- Working closely with station sales staffs to solve marketing
and sales challenges of clients in cooperation with the station's
- Nights and weekends are occasionally required. Required skills:
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Docs and
Calendars Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume and
any additional materials (if air check or audio samples, please
submit MP3 less than 3 minutes in length) to Len Shackelford at
firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries and correspondence will
be kept in strict confidence. Please, no phone calls. Curtis Media
Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females and
minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Copyright Curtis Media
Group. All Rights Reserved
Keywords: Curtis Media Group, Raleigh , PROMOTIONS DIRECTOR: WKIX-FM (KIX 102.9), WKIX-AM (OLDIES 104.7), WQDR-AM (ROCK 92.9), WPTF-AM, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!