Membership Development Manager
Company: Greene Resources
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Number: 44963Membership Development ManagerJob
Description:Our client, The North Carolina Technology Association
(NC TECH), has a new opening for a Membership Sales Manager. NC
TECH is the statewide industry group for the tech sector. All
companies, organizations and institutions are eligible for
membership, given that technology is integral to all enterprises.
NC TECH was incorporated in 1993 and represents 600+ members that
collectively employ over 200,000 North Carolinians. This position
is responsible for driving new membership growth and revenue thru
an aggressive membership recruitment program including to identify
prospects, leverage leadership, capitalize on partnerships,
communicate benefits, manage pipeline, and exceed goals. This role
will serve as a 'membership coach' thru the first year of
- Manage efforts to recruit new members and grow membership
- Handle and respond to all membership inquiries to provide
benefits information, track leads, send follow up, and close the
- Maintain a prospective member pipeline and keep information
current, utilizing Pipedrive platform.
- Transition cancelled/former members back into the sales
pipeline for future outreach.
- Execute member development events (lunches/webinars), plan
'sales days' in different regions and coordinate follow up with all
non-members who participate in Association activities.
- Contribute ideas and new strategies to grow membership.
- Manage the Board of Advisor recruitment efforts as part of the
overall new advisor sales goals.
- Send welcome communications to new advisors and welcome each
new advisor on social media.
- Work with the Board, Advisors, Ambassadors, staff, and other
groups who might aid in achieving membership sales goals through
introductions, referrals, and encouragement to member
- Oversee the Ambassador Committee as a key component to support
membership recruitment efforts.
- Collaborate with partners and attend outside organizations'
tech-oriented events to represent the Association, be visible and
network to identify member prospects.
- Read and review newspapers, business journals, news wires,
blogs, lists and social media to identify member prospects.
- Coordinate new member welcome communications including
announcing each new member on social media.
- Manage new members in their first year of membership (to
include timed outreach) for continuity of relationship building and
to foster a positive and active experience during the first
- Report weekly to VP of Strategy & Development on sales calls,
leads and status as it relates to sales goals.
- Work with VP of Strategy & Development to set annual membership
- Support colleagues by providing warm introductions to new
members who are hiring, interested in speaking and sponsoring.
- Assist with communication and marketing materials for effective
recruitment, e.g., letters, template messaging, newsletters,
membership collateral and online presence.
- Utilize professional and effective oral, written and listening
communication skills to provide exceptional service members.
- Participate in pre- and on-site staffing at NC TECH events and
programs, with occasional overnight travel.Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 or more years of experience in
membership, fundraising and/or sales experience. Desired
- Enthusiastic about working in one of the most vibrant sectors
of the economy
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple detail-oriented
projects and prioritize assignments
- Good collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a
- A consumer of business news (Business Journals, major dailies,
social media, etc.)
- A multi-tasker with great organizational skills
- Proactive and detail oriented especially with managing
- Passionate about providing timely and professional customer
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and
- Savvy with tech tools to improve engagement and member
- Professional and confident to engage with leaders at all
- A team player with a can-do mindsetQualifications:
- Familiarity and experience working with associations, chambers,
university organizations, etc.
- Knowledge of and contacts within North Carolina business and
tech community is a plus.
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, etc.), use of the web, savvy with social media and an
aptitude to quickly learn and comfortably use other various
technology platforms including CRM systems and prospect
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including
the capability to work with executives and staff of all levels.
Skilled at writing promotional materials, membership materials and
- Ability for limited travel as well as some morning/evening
Greene Resources is committed to
creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Keywords: Greene Resources, Raleigh , Membership Development Manager, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!