Ingredient Purchasing and Feed Mill Operations Manager
Company: Braswell Milling Company
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Ingredient Purchasing & Feed Mill Operations*
*Job Title: *Ingredient Purchasing & Feed Mill Production
*Reporting to: * Live Operations Manager
*Revision Date: *11/18/22
Braswell Family Farms in Nashville, NC has an opening for an
Ingredient Purchasing & Feed Mill Production Manager. This person
will primarily be responsible for purchasing all conventional and
organic bulk ingredients used in our feed mill as well as managing
all feed mill production, maintenance, inventory, quality, costs
and safety. The individual must possess our core values of Family,
Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, and Humility.
Braswell Family Farms is a fourth-generation family owned,
vertically integrated company producing and marketing quality, and
value-added feed and egg products for American Families for nearly
80 years. Today, four generations of the Braswell family have been
committed to innovation and have received national recognition for
their operating level of excellence. The Braswell's, the leadership
staff and 175+ team members scattered across several locations,
take pride in providing the highest quality egg and feed products
to both consumers and customers every day of the year.
At Braswell Family Farms, we believe that our jobs are a gift from
God, which provide us with a platform to serve our customers and
each other. We also believe that our business is the Lord's and
that He has placed us in a position of stewardship over the
business through which we have an opportunity to honor and glorify
Him. This means that He has given us everything we need to fulfill
our calling and that we are accountable for how we steward His
It's incredibly motivating to know each day that we are not just
providing the safest and highest quality eggs and feed to our
customers, but we ultimately do that so we can have opportunities
to make an impact for good in the lives of those we meet. We strive
to foster a culture of kindness and generosity that drives us to do
things for our team members, like providing Chaplaincy services,
sponsoring marriage conferences, leading lunch and learn devotions,
and other fun-filled family-focused events throughout the year.
*KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES FOR PURCHASING*
* Networking and developing our farmer & supplier relationships
including attending regional grain related conferences/events.
* Forecasting ingredient needs based on feed projections and
executing purchase contracts.
* Purchasing all conventional and organic bulk ingredients used in
our feed mill, including several traded commodities.
* Planning the mill's weekly ingredient requirements and receiving
schedule based on estimated usage, inventory levels, and storage
* Develop basis and pricing strategies to support the company's
financial objectives & risk tolerances and review with leadership
on a recurring basis.
* Track/communicate bulk ingredient pricing indications and tie to
impact on profitability.
* Providing formula support including on demand reformulations,
strategizing least-cost in response to changes in ingredient costs
and nutritional values, and monthly feed program review.
* Managing incoming ingredient quality testing (including GOA) and
support biosecurity requirements.
* Providing guidance on prepay decisions.
* Approving all invoices for incoming ingredients.
* Maintaining and sharing market trends and impact to the
*KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES FOR FEED MILL OPERATIONS*
* Coordinating all mill activities including purchasing, inventory
control, feed scheduling, batching operations, maintenance,
partnering with transportation, and administrative support to
ensure mill operations are efficient and support our customers'
feed orders in a manner that supports BFF's Mission, Vision, and
* Ensuring that the feed mill meets all federal and state
regulations regarding feed production, organic certification
standards, and feed safety measures required for the Food Safety
Modernization Act (FSMA).
* Managing the overall schedule for operations.
* Managing all aspects of feed mill production employees to include
hiring, training, performance development, safety, performance
* Handling customer and vendor feedback.
* Evaluating feed mill operating metrics & procedures. Benchmarks
best practices with other feed mills.
* Contributing to yearly budgets and reviewing budget vs. actual
* Staying up to date on new equipment and technology and ways to
make process improvements.
* Developing and pursuing new external feed customers business.
*SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS*
* Operational and purchasing leadership experience with similar
* Excellent communication and employee relationship skills.
* Ability to oversee daily activities and decisions that drive the
business towards its larger vision.
* Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and efficiency.
* Highly proficient computer skills including accounting software
programs and Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
* 7+ years of relevant experience.
* Associate or Bachelor degree.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Nashville, NC 27856: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Negotiation: 7 years (Preferred)
* Purchasing: 7 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Braswell Milling Company, Raleigh , Ingredient Purchasing and Feed Mill Operations Manager, Executive , Nashville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!