Project Management Office Consultant
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
DnA's primary focus is delivering data and analytics solutions
aligned to business priorities defined the heads of MetLife's key
businesses. Solutions Engineering plays a primary role in the
delivery of those solutions by understanding the business
initiatives and ensuring alignment, engagement and execution within
DnA functions. The Project Consultant position will be responsible
for facilitating the intake and prioritization of business requests
for DnA. The position will also ensure oversight and reporting
associated with the delivery key data solutions. The Project
Consultant will align to one of the DnA functions and must quickly
develop an understanding of the functions capabilities and how they
could support DnA business partners. The Project Consultant will
work with the new Solutions Engineering Portfolio Management
function, working directly for the Portfolio Management Lead.
- Support the portfolio management framework focused on delivery
of business requests by DnA
- Manage the intake, prioritization and allocation of business
requests for a specific DnA function.
- Coordinate prioritization of business priorities with key
stakeholders across DnA.
- Produce standardized program reports and dashboards for DnA,
including views on inflight work and backlogs.
- Coordinate the collection of project status' for intakes and
deliveries within the particular DnA function.
- Contribute to the senior leadership portfolio review sessions,
include preparation of materials in coordination with DnA
- Ensure transparency on status of key initiatives to Solutions
- Work with DnA leads to identify risks and opportunities across
- Work with DnA delivery leads to identify, escalate and resolve
critical challenges impacting key initiatives.
- Support ad hoc operational improvement projects sponsored by
DnA Solutions Engineering.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement improvements to the portfolio
management framework, including the adoptions of key tools to
support portfolio management and reporting.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of project management or business analysis experience
within business, technical and/or operational type projects.
- Strong project and change management skills with a proven track
record of managing and /or working within all phases of project
- Experience working within an agile delivery framework.
- Experience in managing the intake and prioritization of
technology and business changes.
- Experience in performing business analysis and documenting
- Experience in drafting project management reporting, including
collecting and documenting delivery status, issues, actions.
- Experience managing large data sets in Excel or other data
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional working sessions to
solve problems or accomplish a common task.
- Proven ability to work effectively across a matrix
- Willing to roll up sleeves and get into the details.
- Ability to communicate formally and informally with senior
- Effectively recognize when to escalate issues to senior
management for resolution.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead, motivate and
- Strong conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- 8+ years, BA/BS in Comp Science/IS, Business Intelligence/Data
Analytics/Statistics a plus
- Agile certification or PMP certification
- Background in data management, data governance, business
intelligence and/or analytics
- Strength in Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI
- Knowledge in Jira, Azure boards Business Category
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry
we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective,
we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the
world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance,
annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its
individual and institutional customers navigate their changing
world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40
countries and holds leading market positions in the United States,
Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with
$642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31,
2021. We are ranked on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we
were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the
fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading
sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to
Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive
culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to
help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified
candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For
further information about how to request a reasonable
accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing
a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship
status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 126403
Keywords: MetLife, Raleigh , Project Management Office Consultant, Executive , Garner, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!