Senior Director of Programs & Services - Free Will Baptist Children's Home
Company: Armstrong McGuire
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Senior Director of Programs & Services Free Will Baptist
Children's Home Middlesex, NC Do you believe in a child focused
environment that sees and nurtures each child in a manner that
uniquely supports their needs? Do you extend compassion,
acceptance, trust, and belonging for each person so that everyone
can thrive? Are you called to live out your faith in a dynamic,
growing ministry? Do you excel in a collaborative team that is
driven by impact and supports each other like family? Are you ready
to lead with your expertise and experience while continuing to
learn and seek excellence? Are you the next Senior Director of
Programs and Services for Free Will Baptist Childrens Home? Why
Free Will Baptist Childrens Home? Children come to Free Will
Baptist Childrens Home (FWBCH) from all walks of life, having
suffered neglect and/or abuse. The goal of FWBCH is to create a
normal family-centered home environment for children and youth
through a variety of programs and services one where they can feel
safe and secure all while helping them overcome obstacles and
thrive. FWBCH programming and services have grown dramatically over
the past five years. The foundational cottage based Residential
Program for youth aged 12-21 serves more than 65 youth per year. A
new extension of residential programming is Independent Living for
those 18 to 21 years old which was licensed in 2021. FWBCH started
family foster care in 2008 and adoptions in 2019 serving 80
children annually. Bridge Learning Center offers all-day,
curriculum-based PreK as well as before and after school care and a
full summer program serving 70 children annually. In total, all
programs serve more than 120 children and youth from central and
eastern North Carolina daily with an annual budget of $4 million.
Want to know more? Visit Free Will Baptist Childrens Homes website
at https://www.fwbchildrenshome.org/. What will you do as Free Will
Baptist Childrens Homes next Senior Director of Programs and
Services? The Senior Director of Programs and Services will ensure
agency mission, vision, and values, program goals and priorities,
agency policy and procedures as well as personnel practices are
implemented and carried out according to licensing, accreditation,
and agency standards within all program areas. The Senior Director
reports to the Vice President of Operations and serves on the
Leadership Team. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that agency programs are in compliance with the
regulatory standards as required by state, federal, or other
authorities for licensing across all programs.
- Provide leadership and supervision to assigned program
directors. The objective is to enable, support, and teach staff to
perform to the best of their abilities and to develop those skills
as necessary to deliver quality services.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of all staff
for each assigned program.
- Provide strategic input into organizational planning
- Develop and monitor the processes and performance indicators,
and policies that will promote and support excellence across
- Lead assigned departments in compliance with relevant areas as
required by the agencys Performance and Quality Improvement Plan
and provide materials as required for the accreditation self-study
and on-site evidence.
- Provide emergency on-call duty for programs as needed,
including nights and weekends. Must live within 45 minutes of
- Participate and work cooperatively with other personnel by
representing the programs in management and administrative meetings
and in interactions with support functions of the agency.
- Build relationships on behalf of FWBCH with key stakeholders
and partners and market programs to the broader community.
- Work directly with the Vice President of Operations to
establish the annual budget for each assigned department.
- Responsible for approving expenses for the programs and
services to ensure that funds are being handled accordingly.
- Responsible for management and evaluation of contract services
- Submit quarterly report concerning the assigned programs to the
Vice President of Operations, as required.
- Represent the agency at meetings, conferences, and other events
as directed by the Vice President of Operations or President/CEO.
Key lived experiences, attributes, and skillsets sought in the
Senior Director of Programs and Services
- Masters degree in human services or related field from an
accredited college or university.
- 5+ years managing diverse programs and teams with a proven
track record of program growth, goal attainment and strategic
- Preferred 5+ years experience with the family foster care
system and therapeutic foster care, preferably within a private
agency with a track record of growing a foster care program.
- Coaching and supervisory expertise with a focus on
accountability and professional development for a large team of
- Ability to evaluate high level staff and program effectiveness
toward agency mission, vision, values, and program goals.
- Experience managing a combined multi-million-dollar budget
- Ability to function independently within job duties and agency
- Experience working in coordination with DSS and other partner
- Proven track record in building quality relationships with
referral sources and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Council on Accreditation standards and
- Knowledge of performance and quality improvement processes with
the ability to analyze and interpret data for program and services
improvement and outcomes.
- Knowledge of EBPs and best practices with an eye toward
producing measurable outcomes for residential, independent living,
child day care, and foster care programs.
- Sincere compassion and concern for children, youth, and
- Family-focused and child-centered philosophy of care.
- Able to work with sensitivity to the cultural and/or
socioeconomic diversity of the clients and staff.
- Faith based with a foundation in Christian ethics and
worldview. Think you are the next Free Will Baptist Childrens Home
Senior Director of Programs and Services? To apply, click on the
link to the Senior Director of Programs and Services position
profile at ArmstrongMcGuire.com/jobs. You will see instructions for
uploading your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and
professional references. Please provide all requested information
to be considered. In case of any technical problems, contact
firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please, and no
applications will be accepted by email or directly from third-party
posting sites. Review of candidates will begin in July 2022 and
continue until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with
the requirements of the position. The range is $70-75K. Benefits
include medical, dental, and life insurance; matching 403(b)
retirement plan; accrued vacation and sick time; 13 paid holidays.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Armstrong McGuire, Raleigh , Senior Director of Programs & Services - Free Will Baptist Children's Home, Executive , Middlesex, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!