Major Case Director
Company: IAT Insurance Group
Posted on: September 23, 2022
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:IAT Insurance Group
has an immediate need for a MCU Director in our Major Case Unit
that can be located in any of our IAT offices. This role is a true
complex claims handling role that is tasked with managing those
claims that are most complex and have the greatest financial
exposure under our commercial liability policies. The ideal
candidate for this role will be an experienced claim professional
with extensive experience handling general liability claims
including, premises and liquor liability, as well as auto and
trucking claims on a national basis with value in excess of
$250,000.Please note, IAT works on a hybrid schedule. This role
will be required to work from the office Monday through Wednesday
with the option of working remotely Thursday and
- Handles highly complex exposure claims based on Claim
- Directs and manages use of independent investigators,
appraisers, and experts. Selects, directs and manages defense
counsel including approval of budgets
- Develops litigation/file disposition strategy. Attends
mediations, settlement conferences and trials.
- Reports to reinsurers as required by reporting guidelines.
- Assist Sr. Claim specialists with analysis of claim issues as
- Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported
- Establishes 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact
with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim
- Investigates each claim by gathering information, conducting
interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as
needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifies and addresses subrogation/contribution/SIU
- Sets accurate/timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with
- Evaluates, negotiates, and authorizes settlements with all
stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selects, directs and manages Vendors/Counsel including approval
of defense budgets.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon
receipt of critical information.
- Drafts correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage
letters to stakeholders as required.
- Maintains resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree with a minimum of 12 years of claims handling
experience in the insurance industry or equivalent.
- Equivalent is defined as a JD or Master's degree and 8 years of
relevant experience or a high school diploma and 16 years of
- Law degree preferred, but not mandatory in lieu of adequate
- At least 5 years liability claim experience, which focused on
claims with an exposure of $250,000 or more including both primary
and excess losses.
- Excellent coverage analysis skills with experience in drafting
coverage position correspondence.
- Extensive experience working with general liability,
construction defect, garage, commercial trucking as well as
identifying coverage issues.
- Experience handling litigated files and direction of defense
- Must be able to travel, average 4 days a month.
- Licensure as required by respective state(s).
- CPCU and other insurance related studies are beneficial.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze data, utilize sound judgment to draw
conclusion and make supported decisions.
- To qualify, applicants must be authorized to work in the United
States and must note require, now or in the future, VISA
sponsorship for employment purposesOur CultureIAT is the largest
private, family- owned property and casualty insurer in the U.S.
Insurance Answers Together is how we define IAT, in letter and in
spirit. We work together to provide solutions for people and
businesses. We collaborate internally and with our partners to
provide the best possible insurance and surety options for our
customers. It's about far more than being a workplace. We're a work
family.At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture
where all employees are heard and have a sense of belonging.
Inclusion and Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live.
We're committed to driving and building an open and supportive
culture. By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in
their development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are
stronger as an organization.Our employees propel IAT forward -
driving innovation, stable partnerships and growth. That's why we
continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and
retain the best talent. We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Profit Sharing
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Dress for Your Day PolicyWe are proud to be an EEO/AA employer
M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in
E-Verify.Come join the IAT family!COVID 19 Statement:IAT actively
tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and cases across
the organization so we can make informed decisions about workplace
safety. As a result, while IAT does not require employees to be
vaccinated, employees are required to log their vaccination records
and attest daily to being symptom free before entering IAT
offices.Your full LinkedIn profile
will be shared. Learn More
Keywords: IAT Insurance Group, Raleigh , Major Case Director, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!