Director, Product Management - Catalog (REMOTE)
Company: Advance Auto Parts
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Job DescriptionAdvance Auto Parts is replacing multiple legacy
applications and deploying industry leading solutions to transform
the CFS landscape, including point of sale systems, professional
e-commerce systems, and the product lookup experience, and deploy
strategic solutions as the platform for corporate growth, driving
operational efficiencies to allow us to better service our
Customers. The Director of Catalog, Product Management will oversee
the product management of electronic cataloging solutions at AAP.
The role will involve close collaboration with key business & IT
stakeholders. The role requires coordination across multiple
strategic initiatives to ensure business continuity.The position
will directly manage a team of AAP employees to include, Digital
Product Owners, QA, Business Analysts and Catalog Specialists. The
position will indirectly manage supporting IT resources including
Scrum Masters, Development Engineers, and Quality Engineers
implementing changes in the electronic catalog products.The role
involves collaboration with the business stakeholders on change
management and key decisions required to deploy catalog solutions.
This will require clear communication skills and ability to
articulate the pros & cons of decisions to be made and ability to
recommend based on own industry experience and knowledge. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Develop and implement the CFS Catalog strategy and successfully
oversee initiatives and projects to deliver the strategic solutions
for corporate systems
- Responsible for the implementation roadmap to successfully
deploy the strategic CFS Catalog solution and maintain business
continuity with legacy applications
- Drive the solution deliverables in accordance with the business
value and maximize ROI attainment by business.
- Manage successful product delivery within budget and time
- Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and
- Develop team talent & skills.
- Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance and guiding professional development;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations
issues and resolving problems
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated track record of establishing relationships with
senior executives in IT and business roles in large
- Ability to lead effectively in a large, matrix environment
- Demonstrated capability to execute through communication and
influence in addition to having direct leadership/oversight
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a distributed
workforce which includes contractors, support partners / vendors,
and onshore / offshore / remote workers under their reporting
- Effective communications skills, ability to present ideas and
information clearly and persuasively and adjust to fit a wide range
- Strong business acumen and broad working knowledge of relevant
business functions and processes.
- Consulting skills, including the ability to draw on the ideas
of key business team members / peers and convert them into
meaningful strategies and plans.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7 or more years experience in e-commerce engineering and
- Experience with automotive cataloging - including knowledge of
standards such as ACES and PIES - is strongly preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in Software Product
- 5 or more years in a leadership role; or Equivalent combination
education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of test planning, test
Keywords: Advance Auto Parts, Raleigh , Director, Product Management - Catalog (REMOTE), Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!