Remote - IT Technical Service Manager - Supply Chain Management (Direct Hire)
Company: GlobalSource IT
Posted on: June 25, 2022
GlobalSource IT is a niche recruiting company focused on SAP and
related technical areas. Our client is a Global food processing
company and is looking for an IT Technical Service Manager - Supply
Chain Management. This is a full remote direct-hire position. This
candidate will have the opportunity to lead the continuous
improvement and innovation process for support/enhancement using
internal resources, third party strategic service partners and
managed service providers. The client has an excellent and
comprehensive benefits package. Please see below for additional
details. Thanks for reviewing!
Job Description:The IT Technical Service Manager - Supply Chain
Management role leads the continuous improvement and innovation
process for support/enhancement using internal resources, third
party strategic service partners, and managed service providers.
Effective partnership and teamwork with IT partners and all other
IT service teams is a key success factor. This position will also
work closely with the Infrastructure Team to ensure optimal
performance for all business applications. This position will
oversee the technical design, enhancement, and incident
support/resolution process as well as the change process and assure
the products are appropriately managed. This role will be critical
to business support and system implementations to ensure IT and its
service partners are providing on-going support for daily
operations. By leveraging his/her technical knowledge, experience,
leadership skills, and positive attitude, and understanding of
cross-functional relationships, this individual will help deliver
process and technology within in a global environment.
- Manage application day-to-day support processes and be the
primary point of contact.
- Drive the relationship/partnership (In conjunction with the
BRM) with key Business partners in order to provide relevant
insights, expertise and advice on application
- Oversee the Planning, Production Execution and Warehouse
Management systems/teams to ensure the Business' operations are
stable and meeting business requirements.
- Responsible for the Service Vendor Technical business partner
relationship (Contract/SLA management, Personnel integration with
the business and collaboration with Partner Managers on resource
- Oversee new architectural designs and enhancements and improve
both Technical functionality and Business process improvement.
- Oversee application production environments with documented
protocols and procedures - change management, release management,
problem management and incident management.
- Work with the Infrastructure and Integration teams to ensure
communication, server, network and integration tools/services are
stable and meeting business requirements.
- Communicate updates with progress on open requests and work
with management team to coordinate any planned resource needs for
design, testing and implementation support.
- Serve as Business and IT teams' main point of contact for any
critical system performance issues. Communicate issues impacting
daily operations and provide updates on resolution. Work with the
Business and IT teams to ensure performance issues are resolved and
communicate any identified business impact.
- Bachelors Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college
or university and 5+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent
combination of education and experience, required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a position of IT Supply Chain
based leadership to include team development and management, with
specific emphasis and deep working knowledge/experience in the
effective technical support of IT applications, required.
- Working experience and knowledge of end-to-end IT software and
systems solution delivery from idea conception, design, development
and transition into production operations and maintenance.
- Ability to lead and manage under conditions of ambiguity and
uncertainty. Proven organizational skills in working across
organizational boundaries and reporting lines - ability to work in
a matrix environment as required.
- Experience supporting/managing an ERP/SAP environment (and/or
other 3rd party) in multiple Supply Chain related products/modules
(MM, PP, LE, WM, TM), as well as non-SAP systems in Planning, WM
integrated with SAP.
- Experience designing/managing in SAP technical environments -
ABAP/.net extensions, middleware technologies such as Process
Orchestration (PO) and including a working knowledge of EDI.
- Demonstrated discipline, analytical skills, problem-solving
abilities and attention to details.
- Strong leadership and management skills that align with the
Smithfield culture. Specific skills include facilitating change,
driving operational excellence, and striving for continuous
- Experience with project management, preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Responsible for supervision of a team of Technical Leads and
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
Keywords: GlobalSource IT, Raleigh , Remote - IT Technical Service Manager - Supply Chain Management (Direct Hire), Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!