Commercial Relationship Manager
Company: American National Bank and Trust Co.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Relationship Manager acts as a Relationship Manager and liaison
between the customer and other banking specialists. Serves as a
primary contact and financial advisor for designated customers;
providing financial solutions that address both business and
individual needs. Represents the bank in civic, non-profit and
community activities. Identifies client needs and offers bank
products and services to deepen customer relationships and to
attract new prospects.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Independently analyzes, evaluates, structures and negotiates
credit requests of a commercial nature.
- Prepares credit packages and letters of agreement utilizing
creativity and flexibility within Bank guidelines to meet or exceed
- Makes oral and written presentations to Credit Administration
and others with recommendations on sale and service issues and
appropriate asset quality.
- Originates, underwrites and services a wide variety of business
and professional loans which are complex in nature.
- Monitors and manages an existing loan portfolio for credit
quality and compliance with Bank policy.
- Maintains ability to identify, balance and mitigate risks.
- Coordinates an existing deposit portfolio.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all American National Bank
products, services, procedures, policies and appropriate regulatory
issues relating to daily job functions including but not limited
to: Bank Secrecy Act; Privacy; Fair Lending; Regulation E; deposit,
transaction and loan accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB
- Self-development: pursues additional education to improve
knowledge as it relates to the position, compliance, and the Bank
in general. Acceptable sources of continuing training and education
are seminars, Industry conferences, approved e-learning courses,
in-house programs, or selected vendor programs.
- Customer confidentially: never reveal or divulge customer
information to anyone outside the Bank.
- Passion for customer service. Proven sales skills. Passion for
employee development. Superior communication skills.
- Variable Hours Monday-Friday to cover business needs. May be
required to work Saturday hours for specific markets. Regularly 40
hours with overtime possible.
- Must be able to drive and have a current driver's
- Experience selling a variety of banking products and
- Experience establishing rapport and building / maintaining
- High integrity; able to maintain confidentiality.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Good communicator. Strong listening skills to identify client's
- Good computer skills.
- Working knowledge of the business climate and competition
within your assigned market.
- Self-starter and proactive Business development attitude.
- Experience creating effective training materials and relaying
key concepts in an engaging way to increase retention and
- Experience interactively teaching and mentoring new lenders to
build their required credit skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Experience mastering job specific software and hardware
- Must successfully complete required training.PHYSICAL
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and
talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and
walk. The employee is occasionally required to stop, kneel or
crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Finance or
- 2-5 years of experience in Commercial Lending with 5 plus years
as a Relationship Manager.The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.American National
Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran
or disability status.PI180138044
Keywords: American National Bank and Trust Co., Raleigh , Commercial Relationship Manager, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!