Manager - M&A/Strategy, Diligence & Restructuring - Financial Services
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Manager - M&A/Strategy, Diligence & Restructuring -
Financial Services (Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets or
Are you an M&A professional experienced with clients in
Financial Services? Our practice is undergoing heavy growth and
high demand for M&A talent. We proudly give our consultants the
chance to work with world-class organizations solving the most
interesting business issues as part of a collaborative team
Work you'll do
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver components of large,
complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement
creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
Manager level responsibilities include: providing service
excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining
client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques
and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating
analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the
context of the overall engagement. You will be expected to
implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively
manage the team and day-to-day client relationships to ensure
exceptional performance. Managers participate in the development
and presentation of proposals for business development
M&A Strategy advises clients regarding the inorganic growth,
portfolio rationalization, and associated risk profiles that serve
as a catalyst for a transaction, restructuring and cost
Our professionals assist clients to:
- Optimize their portfolio.
- Identify the right targets and assess fit to their strategic
- Work with senior executives to develop corporate development
and define how they employ M&A in alignment with their
corporate strategy to drive profitable growth and enable them to
compete effectively in their industry. This is provided through
corporate strategy, organic and inorganic growth paths, target
profiles and investment thesis.
- Test the information that informs a client's M&A deal
valuation and post-merger acquisition plan. We can validate a
target's recurring revenue, growth, and margin sustainability, as
well as conduct rapid primary research on its markets, customers,
suppliers, and competitors worldwide.
- Develop hypotheses for value creation and transformation
creatively; Assess value, costs, timing and risks for opportunities
through strategic and operational diligence. Our professionals
assist clients with critically evaluating a target's attractiveness
through operational assessments and risk mitigation strategies. We
link these findings to deal value for informed transaction
decision-making, negotiations, and eventual strategic and financial
- 6 years M&A experience.
- 4+ years of experience within a Financial Institution including
the following sectors: Payments, Banking, FinTech, Asset
- A Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the
- Ability to travel up tp 50%.
- Ability to work with clients on Day One readiness and
- Proficiency executing synergy targeting and realization.
- Experience conducting operating model fine-tuning and
- Understanding of cross-functional and functional
- Experience with staff development and eagerness to mentor
- Experience and ability to perform analysis and synthesize data
into useful insights. Experience in financial analysis, operational
performance improvement analysis and financial modeling.
- Experience managing large projects through a PMO or
participating in a PMO as a workstream lead.
- Experience with project management tools and techniques such as
developing a project plan, milestone plan, dependency
identification, status reporting, and issue resolution.
- Knowledge of core financial processes (order-to-cash,
procure-to-pay, record-to-report, etc.) and potential impacts
associated with merger activities.
- Industry or consulting experience with financial reporting,
finance processes, finance transformation/strategy, or finance
shared services, particularly in relation to M&A or
- Experience in M&A synergy capture, operational
restructuring, cost reduction, shared services, outsourcing and
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including
presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the
ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Apply practical experience with communications, culture, and
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task
- An advanced degree is preferred.
Keywords: Deloitte, Raleigh , Manager - M&A/Strategy, Diligence & Restructuring - Financial Services, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!