Strategic Account Manager
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Location: NC East
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) within Petcare is responsible
for Business Development and Account management in our largest
volume, most complex and most influential strategic partners.
Primary responsibilities include Business Development and Account
management in our largest volume, most complex and most influential
strategic partners. The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) will
utilize enhanced solution selling, territory management, and
business planning capabilities to execute our strategies to
maximize sales performance within the assigned geography. The SAM
must be able to quickly identify and transition between business
development and account management activities. This position will
require some travel and evening work for educational programs.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to maximize profitable
revenue, increase customer base and identify new business
opportunities. Propose and implement penetration into new
- Personally, manage customer accounts via direct interaction at
all levels of the sales process including proactive follow up for
- Develop an understanding of competitive landscape and
- In conjunction with marketing, develop and implement strategic
- Meet growth objectives both overall and for key products via
new account penetration
- Demonstrate success in other key sales metrics such as:
- New product penetration / Equipment Leads
- Therapeutic area portfolio expansion
- Service sales execution to gain new business
- Leverage portfolio and pricing program offerings based on
company goals, customer needs and market information.Leverage
account management tools to gain new business
- Meet quota objectives both overall and for key products
- Respond to and resolve all account needs
- Demonstrate success in other key sales metrics such as:
- Product pull-through via demand generation within targeted
- Execute generic defense strategy
- Service Sales Execution where appropriate to maintain existing
- Leverage portfolio and pricing program offerings to maintain
- Leverage account management tools to maintain existing
Strategic Account Team Leadership/Teamwork, Collaboration and
- Builds strong collaborative relationships with all Strategic
Account Team members, including the Diagnostic Sales Consultant,
the Diagnostic Technical Specialist, the Professional services
Veterinarian customers and across Zoetis.
- Routinely reviews common objectives, business plans and
after-action reviews on a quarterly basis with accounts.
- Builds and leverages relationships with key clinic staff
members and primary decision makers to increase access for all
Strategic Account Team members.
- Works with Territory, Area, and other Zoetis colleagues in a
professional manner to include consistently meeting expectations
around integrity/compliance, work-ethic, role/responsibility,
conduct/attire, effective communication/informing, all
administrative responsibilities, and overall teamwork.
Enhanced Solution Selling
- Proactively seizes selling opportunities by demonstrating the
ability to move seamlessly between technical product expertise and
business development discussions; this includes consistently
demonstrate Solution Selling skills.
- Builds effective relationships with and service all targeted
hospital personnel to ensure you maintain and grow your relevance
and access within each account.
- Utilizes the appropriate SAM tools, based on where we are with
the account relationship and business, to create growth within the
- Interact with customers following all Zoetis promotional
Enhanced Business Planning, Resource Allocation and
- Develop and execute a Territory Business Plan / Account
Business Plans / Resource Allocation- effectively implementing the
full complement of Zoetis resources and following up to maximize
- Develop an effective associate strategy for product
penetration, pull-through and/or growth.
- Utilize our Customer Relationship Management system to identify
evidence- based key account growth opportunities.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with ABM and routinely
adjust the strategies, tactics, and investments based on changing
needs to maximize territory and account performance.
- Meet field activity expectations including sales call activity
and investment in medical education programs.
- Develop and execute a call plan at the account and veterinarian
level that delivers on reach /frequency expectations.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) required
- Minimum of 5years of relevant selling experience
- Demonstrated Enhanced strategic selling skills
- Analytical skills - assess, design and sell a given
- Ability to market and sell complex integrated solutions
- Negotiation and relationship building skills, and the ability
to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven business and financial acumen with budgeting and
- Customer focused professional demeanor and presentation
- Highly focused and results orientation, able to identify goals
and priorities and resolve issues in initial stages
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a close team
environment, self-starter who can motivate others
- Track record of successful Sales performance
- Animal Health experience and knowledge of companion animal
veterinary medicine strongly preferred
- Success in previous roles including creatively finding
opportunities or solving problems to drive sales performance
- Acts as a change agent and agile learner
- Creates and uses analytics and insights to enhance
decision-making and tactical execution
- Follow-through and attention to detail
- Ability to manage assigned expense budgets
- Exhibit willingness to accept and incorporate feedback Computer
skills (MS Office, Outlook, and ability to learn Zoetis
- Verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal, and communication
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make thoughtful / fair
decisions based on relevant information
- Computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, and ability to learn
Physical Position Requirements
Ability and willingness to travel and work some evenings as
required by the position.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status or any other protected classification.
Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our
online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an
alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please
contact Zoetis Colleague Services at
firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain
authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and
exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or
maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility,
considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers.
Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please
note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from
candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our
company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email
to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of '@zoetis.com'. In
addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment
related activities. Any solicitation or request for information
related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or
utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be
disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make
any type of personal financial investment related to gaining
employment with Zoetis.by Jobble
Keywords: Zoetis, Raleigh , Strategic Account Manager, Executive , Garner, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!