Senior Continuous Improvement Manager
Company: PAE Government Services Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
Senior Continuous Improvement Manager
The Senior Continuous Improvement Manager (Sr. CIM) is a Lean Six
Sigma Black Belt (or Master Black Belt) that helps programs and
functional teams (collectively, "programs") improve their
processes, capabilities, customer satisfaction, and profit margins
by leading efforts to improve execution discipline, enhance
management control, and reliably affect breakthrough changes.
The Sr. CIM assists programs in deployment and ongoing management
of a disciplined ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) supported
by an effective implementation of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methodology
and a project management capability based on the Project Management
Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). The Sr. CIM is a strategic-thinking,
self-starting leader who works with minimal supervision to help
programs transform process data into high-powered analytics that
drive root cause analysis and preventive actions to achieve
consistent results and accomplish business objectives.
The Sr. CIM Works with other CIMs, quality personnel, Lean Six
Sigma-certified professionals, project managers, and program and
functional team leadership in planning, designing, and
accomplishing key projects, and assists program managers with the
skills (LSS, PM, Financial) required to be successful.
* Identify and implement ISO 9001, Lean Six Sigma, and PMBOK best
* Conduct scheduled and unscheduled internal process audits, issue
Corrective Action Requests (CARs), and follow up on CAR
* Mentor program quality teams and personnel.
* Assist in establishing processes for business leaders to measure,
manage, track, and report operational project results and
corresponding financial business benefits.
* Identify, lead, and manage process improvement efforts and
conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis of process
effectiveness using LSS methods.
* Leverage established continuous improvement methodologies (i.e.,
Lean and Six Sigma) to map current state processes and value
streams including process profiles, timings, counts, roles and
responsibilities along with other key data elements.
* Teach or assist with Lean Six Sigma Green Belt classes and
monitor Green Belt projects submitted by Green Belt trainees.
* Mentor Green Belts.
* Provide updates regarding progress of Continuous Improvement
* Assist in developing communications to the various organizational
stakeholders regarding the Continuous Improvement value proposition
to drive improved business performance.
* Assist in creating and implementing an approach to measure the
organization's capability in learning and applying Continuous
* Work with business leaders and program managers, assisting them
to define and report on current state performance, recommended
future state, improvement opportunities, and current and future
* Deliver breakthrough changes via Kaizen Events and Continuous
* Assist in maintaining the Continuous Improvement Team's
enterprise Project Management discipline and framework.
* Mentor junior CIMs in Project Management techniques and
* Prepare and submit deliverables on schedule, in accordance with
* Support new business proposals requiring solutions for continuous
improvement, risk management, performance management, and/or
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Title of Direct Report(s): ---Indirect reports only
Title of Supervisor:--- Vice President, Performance Excellence
Knowledge & Skills
* Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills with the
ability to influence stakeholders
* Proficiency in SharePoint, MS Excel and competency in MS Office
and MS Visio
* Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline driven, and
* Strong analytical skills with ability to analyze processes and
make recommendations for improvements
* Proficiency in Change Management techniques
* Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis and
problem solving, and Statistical Process Control
* Highly proficient in project management
* Capable of detailed financial analysis
Experience & Education
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Management, Business, or
related field; experience may be substituted for degree
* 15 years' experience in project management
* 5-10 years' experience in data analysis, continuous improvement,
quality management, risk management, or performance management
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Secret clearance required
* Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (or Master Black Belt) required
* PMP required within 90 days
The role is expected to travel periodically. In pre-pandemic days,
travel was an average 25%, occasionally reaching 50%. In the
current period, travel is minimal with focus on teleconferencing.
There is an eventual potential for occasional, infrequent
international travel. Living location is flexible but should have
convenient access to an airport. Must be willing and able to
operate in US Eastern Time Zone standard business hours, regardless
of home time zone.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring
practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United
States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation,
marital status, family structure, medical condition including
genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental
or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the
job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or
any other protected category under federal, state, or local
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement#06022021
Keywords: PAE Government Services Inc, Raleigh , Senior Continuous Improvement Manager, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!