Senior Project Manager
Posted on: April 10, 2021
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company. Xylem, a leading
global water technology company dedicated to solving the world's
most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of
efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving
the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our
international team is unified in a common purpose: creating
advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the
world's water challenges. We are committed to creating an
organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels
involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is
free to bring their authentic selves and ideas. If you are excited
and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear
from you! For more information, please visit us at-- www.xylem.com
---. We Offer You More Than Just "A Job"
- Professional Development - To advance the capabilities of our
people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our
employees' professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards - We offer comprehensive programs for
compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development,
work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark - Watermark is our corporate social responsibility
program working to provide education and access to safe water to
ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities.
Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various
- Employee Networks - Our Employee Networks provide a
professional, supportive network for employees from diverse
backgrounds, including Women's, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran's, People
of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents
Networks. The Role: Xylem is seeking a disciplined and organized
individual with an environmental or civil engineering background to
manage Xylem key water industry client projects. This position
offers the opportunity to join Xylem's driven, contrarian, creative
experts in their endeavor to use high tech tools and SaaS
deployments to solve age-old infrastructure problems. You will lead
complex projects across the world using your expert project
management skills, water industry technical knowledge, and your
passion for client success. You will plan and maintain project
scopes, budgets, schedules, identify and mitigate risks, and
communicate goals and results with project stakeholders. Your
projects often span offices and time zones, and you are adept at
keeping all the players coordinated on the project's progress and
Xylem's team is hyper-focused on the use of big data, artificial
intelligence, and the Internet of things to implement Intelligent
Urban Water solutions, primarily for water utilities. Xylem's team
has clients worldwide, and is seeking to disrupt the status quo and
drastically advance the water industry. This team's mission is to
help utilities save money and save the planet by dynamically
managing water and wastewater infrastructure. **This position can
be based and performed in any location in the United States, except
- Work with team members to deliver projects on-time, on-budget,
- Operate effectively in a dynamic SaaS business environment by
managing internal expectations as well as balancing business
objectives with client goals
- Serve as project manager for overall project delivery (cost,
schedule, scope, quality, contracts) and ensure project delivery
for a variety of hardware, software and professional service
- Maintain project management tools for project tracking,
billing, and revenue forecast projections.
- Serve as technical interface with clients, business managers
and commercial teams and provide direction to the engineering and
product management teams. Coordinate activities with engineers in
other disciplines (environmental, civil, electrical, and
- Prepare and review work products.
- Convey project results and findings to clients by means of oral
discussions, presentations, and written project documentation.
- Present optimization concepts to utility managers and
- Actively contribute to the refinement and development of new
product features and service offerings by working closely with
product development team.
- Provide proposal support to Business Development team for Xylem
Vue Drinking Water projects.
- Make complex, cutting-edge ideas understandable and exciting to
utility managers and clients. Minimum Qualifications: Education,
Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Graduation from a four-year university with a major in
Engineering (Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical preferred), from
an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
accredited program, water and wastewater, asset management, or
- A certificate of registration as a Professional Engineer issued
by the local state/country authority a plus (or the ability to
obtain within 12 months of employment).
- 7+ years of technology-related experience in providing
water/wastewater utility consulting, planning and operation
- Engineering, Utility water asset management, consulting, data
analytics, and water/wastewater condition assessment
- Fluency in English with excellent technical report writing
- Must have education/experience and accountability for cost
control and profit targets and managing a project budget.
- Familiarity with agile methodology a plus.
- Experience with developing and managing projects and programs,
scheduling and implementation with ability to plan, assign, direct
and coordinate a variety of functional specialties with overlapping
work areas a plus.
- Experience with managing engineers, suppliers, and
sub-contractors a plus.
- PMP and/or Scrum master Certification a plus.
- Organized, disciplined, and focused approach to project
- Ability to bring structure to a project while incorporating
creativity and innovation into the solutions.
- High emotional intelligence, with enthusiastic and innovative
mindset to solve solutions and have an impact on client projects
and team collaboration.
- Excellent communication skills to express complex ideas to
professionally diverse audiences.
- Exposure to and open to learning different approaches and
software for project management.
- Experience with taking ideas from concept through to completion
in accordance with program objectives.
- Passion for Client Success and team impact
- Ability to quickly develop working knowledge of Xylem's value
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced
- Comprehend technical components of a SaaS deployment and
communicate requirements to both business and technical client
- Knowledge of project delivery methods, team building and client
relationship building Physical Demands: (The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about
the facility (The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an
office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard--weekly--job hours:--40 hours Xylem is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected--by
law. You have been redirected to a Xylem job page
Keywords: Xylem, Raleigh , Senior Project Manager, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!