Senior Director Global Procurement
Posted on: April 8, 2021
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company. Xylem, a leading
global water technology company dedicated to solving the world's
most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of
efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving
the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our
international team is unified in a common purpose: creating
advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the
world's water challenges. We are committed to creating an
organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels
involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is
free to bring their authentic selves and ideas. If you are excited
and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear
from you! For more information, please visit us at-- www.xylem.com
---. We Offer You More Than Just "A Job"
- Professional Development - To advance the capabilities of our
people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our
employees' professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards - We offer comprehensive programs for
compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development,
work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark - Watermark is our corporate social responsibility
program working to provide education and access to safe water to
ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities.
Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various
- Employee Networks - Our Employee Networks provide a
professional, supportive network for employees from diverse
backgrounds, including Women's, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran's, People
of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents
Networks. The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a--Global Procurement
Senior Director. The Global (Business/Group) Procurement Director
is responsible for the development and execution of M&CS
sourcing strategies that deliver year-over-year productivity,
extended pay terms, reduced lead times and supporting a broad
business strategy driving Procurement Functional Excellence.
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Procurement and dotted line
to the VP Operations Analytics and VP Operations Sensus, in a
- Leads M&CS productivity initiatives across M&CS
- Serves as key interface between business unit and Xylem Global
Procurement (XGP) ensuring function is maximizing value
contribution to Business Unit. Conversely supports communication
and escalation of XGP priorities within M&CS
- Interfaces across sites to drive cost improvement and project
execution. Liaison with other project resources to ensure proper
focus and progress on initiatives. Influence cross functionally to
secure support from procurement initiatives from key stakeholders
such as engineering, quality and product management.
- Work with M&CS leadership to develop group and business
wide supply transformation plans which both respect and influence
- Works alongside Category Leaders and Procurement Leaders to
develop and implement segment sourcing/supply chain strategies to
harness economies of scale, drive economic value, and enable
M&CS business growth.
- Leverages supplier management/ commodity management/ total cost
principles to manage the supplier selection process and encourage
productive relationships with appropriate suppliers that drive
meaningful value to the organization in compliance with global and
regional commodity strategy.
- Support strategic initiatives within M&CS and XGP to
include make/buy analysis, M&A activity, facility
rationalization, Va/Ve and others.
- Assist operating sites in analyzing and understanding strengths
/ weaknesses in supply chain area, creating and implementing
improvement plans to achieve world class standards.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops sourcing talent within M&CS.
Collaborates with other group and corporate leaders to enable
robust career paths. Builds a diverse, high performing supply
chain/ sourcing organization.
- Supports M&CS Procurement Leaders in complex and critical
negotiations utilizing extensive professional knowledge and
experience of principles and techniques of negotiation in the
- Builds and leverages relationships and networks across the
organization. Uses personal influence skills to persuade others and
- As required, leads monthly and yearly tactical and strategic
presentations and progress reports to M&CS Leadership
- Create and develop key partner relationships to enhance the
platform's profitability and resilience Minimum Qualifications:
Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of 10 - 15+ years of broad sourcing leadership
experience, preferably in a manufacturing organization, across a
large multi-location, global business.
- Knowledge of Contract Manufacturing and Electronics industry is
- Strong track record of leading change and driving operational
improvements (design and build) to support the business
- Managed at least $500M + in annualized spend in direct
- Demonstrated experience influencing senior executives. Proven
results in managing and developing talent. Strong complex project
- Strong Collaboration, consultative, presentation, and
- Strong organization and business communications skills (oral
and written) are required.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft products, Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint. Business System and eSourcing experience a plus.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about
the facility (The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an
office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard--weekly--job--hours:--40 hours Xylem is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected--by
law. You have been redirected to a Xylem job page
Keywords: Xylem, Raleigh , Senior Director Global Procurement, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!