Sr. Director, IT Business Relationship Management
Company: Grifols, S.A
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Sr. Director, IT Business Relationship Management Location:
NC-Clayton, US Contract Type: Regular Full-Time Area: Information
Technology Do you want to join an international team working to
improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives
of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company
which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working
to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world.
Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio
Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines,
solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions. The
Senior Director, IT Business Relationship Management is responsible
for anticipating, managing, and understanding the strategic,
market, and tactical needs of the all assigned Business Units and
functions. The employee in this role is responsible for
collaborating with other IT leaders and managers to oversee the
translation of business needs into effective IT processes and
technical solutions by stimulating, shaping demand and measuring
its Business value. The Senior Director, IT Business Relationship
Management directs the planning and delivery of IT projects and
services to the business and manages the relationship between IT
and Business Unit leadership. Primary Responsibilities for the
- Relationship Management, Planning, and Strategic Alignment
- Establishes and manages strategic relationships with IT and
business partners to ensure IT plans and development efforts are
well aligned with business goals.
- Collaborates with IT leadership peers in the definition,
development, and maintenance of IT strategic and operational plans
that support Grifols' mission, values, and business objectives.
- Builds and enables a team of managers who establish effective and
trusting working relationships with all of their business and IT
- Maintains an expert knowledge of business processes, industry
trends, and IT systems to better communicate IT capabilities and
support IT solutions development.
- Oversees the communication, development, and management of the IT
project portfolio in areas of responsibility.
- Aligns with senior IT colleagues to ensure regular communication
with them on projects, issues and priorities of the business.
- Engages regularly with IT leadership to communicate evolving
business needs and identify trends that influence the IT project
portfolio and strategic roadmaps.
- Negotiates with internal and external partners to ensure ongoing
alignment of IT strategy and capabilities with business needs and
- Plans and conducts regular governance meetings with business
leadership to review IT initiatives and ensure clear communication
of business demand and service delivery capabilities.
- Seeks opportunities to build value by enhancing IT services to
the business community and by expanding IT capabilities to support
future business needs.
- Educates the assigned business area members as needed on IT
processes, methodologies, constraints, and capabilities.
- Project Delivery and Management - Directs the business demand
process by anticipating, identifying, influencing, and prioritizing
business needs for IT services and technologies in assigned
business areas and functions.
- Proactively identifies project risks and issues; helps determine
necessary escalation, mitigation, and resolution steps.
- Reviews and approves required documentation for changes and
projects as appropriate in accordance with IT Methodology.
- Reviews and assesses regular status updates regarding assigned
project activities from team members and project leaders.
- Advises in estimating project cost and time requirements,
assessing capabilities and support/resource requirements in area of
- Facilitates the escalation of project issues, and guides team to
resolution through technical expertise, business knowledge, and
- Oversees the planning of large, complex projects from inception
through proposal development.
- Guides the adoption management of new systems, functions, and
technologies, advising in effective methods and change management
- Prepares project roadmaps, directs the planning and approval
phases of IT projects, and manages the IT project portfolio for the
assigned business areas and functions.
- Communicates project roadmaps across teams to ensure both
operational and strategic impact to other IT and business areas is
understood and accommodated.
- Reviews the benefits and risks of potential projects in
coordination with other members of the IT Business Partner team;
advises team in alternatives and priorities.
- IT Operational Support
- Ensures IT quality, legal, and regulatory compliance through
adherence to quality control standards in all activities.
- Oversees and approves the development, documentation, and
evolution of IT policies, procedures, and tools to align with
business and IT strategies and ensure sustainability of
- Maintains an expert level of experience in technical,
professional, and leadership skills required to execute job duties
and lead teams.
- Directs operational activities in area of responsibility;
provides escalation point for management of complex issues, request
prioritization, and critical negotiations.
- Regularly communicates team deliverables statuses, open issues,
opportunities, and challenges to IT and business leadership to
ensure cross-functional awareness.
- Oversees the identification, hiring, training, and management of
staff in area of responsibility; ensures staffing levels and skills
meet departmental needs.
- Reviews team needs for staffing, training, and technical
qualification; approves or seeks leadership approval for immediate
needs and long term plans.
- Drives consensus on implementing recommendations across business
and IT teams affected to ensure high quality IT service/solutions
- Develops and manages budgets and is accountable for achieving
financial targets in areas of responsibility.
- Participates in business and IT discussions to identify,
prioritize, and develop opportunities for IT process and service
- Drives consensus in IT process improvement design and is
accountable for implementing agreed changes to ensure continuous
improvement within area of responsibility.
- Enables and enhances communications between IT and assigned
business areas and functions; advises IT leadership on successes
and opportunities for communications improvement.
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports service trends, service delivery
statistics, and customer satisfaction indicators to discover areas
of needed improvement in IT operational support delivery.
- Directs and approves the development and ongoing management of
SLAs and Business Continuity Planning for key systems and business
- Knowledge Sharing and Consulting
- Establishes methods and channels to facilitate IT communications
and knowledge sharing with business partners and the global IT
- Actively investigates emerging technologies and industry trends
to find and promote opportunities for improving IT capabilities and
- Provides vision and influence to global IT and business partners
based on exceptional professional and technical experience.
- Advises partners in industry and IT best practices in areas of
responsibility and expertise.
- Informs business leaders of IT processes, methodologies,
constraints, and capabilities.
- Communicates results of reports on IT service KPIs, root cause of
service delivery issues, and development of corrective actions.
- Reviews vendor and software assessments to ensure business needs
are understood and selected solutions and services are of
acceptable risk, cost, and quality.
- IT Service Delivery and Process Capabilities Assurance - Common
to all IT Roles
- Understands and applies continuous improvement principles to
business and IT processes in area of responsibility.
- Ensures compliance with technology policies and regulatory
requirements and takes appropriate action to mitigate risks and
- Proactively seeks and addresses operational opportunities for
cost reduction while maintaining or improving IT efficiency and
- Develops and promotes ideas for the continuous improvement of IT
technologies, services, and procedures with IT leadership and the
IT Process Improvement team.
- Actively identifies and advises IT management of potential
business, technical, and compliance risks relating to the delivery
of IT services.
- Talent Management and Results Delivery - Common to all IT
- Mentors and coaches members of the IT team in completion of
routine assignments, project work, and skills development.
- Supports professional growth of direct report employees by
providing counseling and opportunities for training and assignments
aligned with career path and Grifols' business goals.
- Performs annual objective setting mid-year reviews, year-end
reviews, and development/career planning for all direct report
- Contributes to and may participate in Grifols talent review and
management processes, ensuring that staff in area of responsibility
are appropriately and effectively represented.
- Engages with IT teams globally to create and implement strategic
solutions leveraging internal capabilities and external service
provider support to achieve business objectives.
Develops, manages, and continuously improves complex, critical, and
high-visibility processes affecting the global user community.
Empowers team to be productive and accountable; assumes personal
accountability for team outcomes in all areas of responsibility.
Negotiates, influences, and gains buy-in on strategic direction and
operational models from multiple critical stakeholders.
Knowledge, skills--& abilities:
Requires Advanced level of skill and experience in:
- Accounting principles and practices
- External service provider management and best practices
Requires Excellent level of skill and experience in:
- Business systems used in assigned business area
- Project management methodologies and practices
- Process improvement principles and practices
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Requirements testing and traceability methods
- Risk management
- MS Office products
Requires Expert level of skill and experience in:
- Business Cases preparation
- Continual Improvement seeking and innovation
- Understanding of business processes in assigned area
- Knowledge of general business processes & industry trends
- Knowledge of IT services, processes, and operating models
- System lifecycle management
- Business process analysis
- Analyzing and solving problems independently
- Change and adoption management
- Written and spoken compelling communications
- Leadership, mentoring, and coaching
- Estimating, budgeting, and forecasting
Requires Exceptional level of skill and experience in:
- Strategic IT and Business Unit alignment
- Business Value Creation, Capture and Measuring
- Negotiating and influencing
- Productivity and time management
- Networking and collaboration skills
- Empowerment and accountability
- Interpersonal relationship management
Proficiency in English required; ability to communicate effectively
in Spanish desirable
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology,
Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or related
Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience,
including experience managing a staff.
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to
electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day.
Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast,
simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Frequently
walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate
lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs.
Frequently drives to site locations and frequently travels within
the United States. Able to communicate complex information and
ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and
understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and
sentences. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive
information to diverse groups. Ability to apply abstract principles
to solve complex conceptual issues. Performs a wide range of
complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing
conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence.
Keywords: Grifols, S.A, Raleigh , Sr. Director, IT Business Relationship Management, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!