Manager, Adult Oncology Training and Development
Company: Jazz Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company
focused on improving patients lives by identifying, developing and
commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical
needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio
and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that
can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and
hematology/oncology areas in which we have a deep understanding of
the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates
to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team.
If you re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering
commitment to improving patients lives and being a great place to
work, we hope you ll explore our career openings and get to know
The Manager, Adult Oncology Training & Development will be
responsible for partnering cross-functionally with Training &
Development colleagues and Hematology/Oncology Business Unit
Leadership to develop and execute the training strategy and tactics
for our Adult Oncology Sales team. This individual will report
directly to the Sr. Manager, Adult Oncology Training &
* Exhibits exceptional degree of understanding of the clinical
applications and benefits of our adult oncology portfolio. Viewed
as an expert internally and in the field.
* Ability to travel, up to 40%, is expected for field activity, POA
meetings, and conferences, training classes and meetings at Jazz
Pharmaceuticals US offices (Palo Alto & Philadelphia) to facilitate
training classes & attend department meetings
* Designs and implements annual Training & Development strategy,
goals and objectives aligned to Brand Strategy and identified
Business Unit needs.
* Determines the most effective approaches to meet the product
learning needs of the business including on-going business needs,
reinforcement and sustainability training. Applies advanced
instructional design principles and the adult learning model to
enhance content delivery.
* Leverages and shares best practices from the past and new
principles and concepts across all brands/products.
* Performs detailed needs assessments (gap analysis) in
coordination with Sales Leadership, NA Training & Development,
Marketing, and other NA Business Operations teams. This may include
field rides as needed to understand and support the needs of the
* Translates business needs into clinical and sales training
products/programs. Consistently enhances and updates the current
training programs and products.
* Prepares and/or oversees the development of sales training
products and programs such as classes, workshops, learning modules,
poster books, and other job aids and materials for distribution to
sales training customers and program participants with minimal
supervision and guidance, including routing all materials through
the med/legal/regulatory review process.
* Facilitates Onboarding/Core, and Advanced training classes highly
skilled at both in-person and virtual group facilitation and group
* In collaboration with the Training & Development team s
Instructional Designer, designs and implements metrics to measure
clinical training impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and
utility. Proven ability to flex training initiatives base on
* With general direction, proactively identifies, effectively
filters and distributes relevant educational resources (i.e.
clinical papers) while remaining conscientious of legal and
* Often initiates collaboration with cross-functional partners
(including Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Regulatory, Medical and
Compliance) to ensure consistency, avoid redundancy, and enhance
* Displays leadership within the organization and/or has a record
of accomplishment of proven leadership.
* Serves as a consultant to Business Unit leadership in long range
planning, brand planning, launches and other training programs and
* Successfully manages vendor projects and on-going vendor
* Successfully manages product budget, including forecasting future
* Models compliance through all activities and interactions
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* 8+ years specialty pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience,
preferably successful sales performance or marketing experience
* Training or teaching related experience preferred; including
knowledge of adult learning principles and experience with distance
learning and learning management systems.
* Hematology/Oncology experience highly preferred.
* Knowledge of Jazz Pharmaceuticals product(s) and/or their
application(s) in the respective disease state is strongly
* Demonstrated consultative Selling Skills.
* Experience working with adult learning principles in the delivery
of clinical and skill based programs.
* Business Acumen.
* Previous sales training experience preferred.
* Competence in following areas: Needs Assessment, Facilitation,
Prioritization, Decision Making, Collaboration, Virtual Delivery,
Planning & Organizing, Implementation/Follow-up, Written and Verbal
* Ability to travel as needed, usually within the US. During
certain intervals, travel may be significant.
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND LICENSES
* Bachelor degree required.
* Master s degree preferred
DESCRIPTION OF PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* Occasional mobility within office environment.
* Routinely sitting for extended periods.
* Constantly operating a laptop computer, printer, telephone and
other similar office machinery.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to
excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature
* Frequent computer use at workstation.
* May move from one work location to another occasionally.
* Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include
working outside of normal work hours, in order to meet business
* Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Keywords: Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Raleigh , Manager, Adult Oncology Training and Development, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!