OSP Project Manager
Company: Zayo group
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world s most
impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming
our society. Zayo s 133,000-mile network in North America and
Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of
buildings and data centers. Zayo s communications infrastructure
solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths,
Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo
owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data
centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency
private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public
cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers,
media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large
This position is primarily responsible for providing end-to-end
customer support, solutions, planning and implementing fiber
connectivity solutions, managing customer orders, handling customer
service requests, coordinating installations, executing and serving
as single point of contact for customers, post-sale, providing
direction and project ownership by leading the implementation,
execution and communication of projects / orders for customers.
* Responsible for daily management of construction vendors to
expedite the construction and splicing of OSP facilities.
* Ability and willingness to pull on call duty to respond to
network outages and emergency restoration activities.
* Managing relationship to jurisdictions and ROW contacts such as
cities, counties and railroad. Working in close relationship with
underlying rights group to identify and prepare encroachment
permitting, franchise agreements and building access agreement.
* Oversees timely permitting submittal and on time performance of
engineering and construction vendors.
* Assists in the planning and implementation of fiber connectivity
solutions programs and projects that adhere to approved plans,
budgets and schedules.
* Provides specialized telecommunications technical expertise.
* Coordinates and facilitates with internal and external resources
to effect the timely completion of projects.
* Oversees, product and/or service of the unit(s) managed may
involve highly technical activities or programs; or policies,
procedures, controls and services required to support the sound
financial, operational and competitive position of the company.
* Designs and Implements commercial and carrier fiber networks,
infrastructure, backbone and lateral builds.
* Works within a Data Center environment implementing
customer-installation projects and services.
* Creates and tracks project budgets in relationship to Network
* Provides direct interface with customers, subcontractors,
jurisdictional authorities and interoffice personnel. Supports
customer meetings as necessary which requires in person meetings
and travel to client and/or construction sites.
* Oversees procurement of equipment and materials related to the
* Executes Bid Process, inclusive of budgetary requirements and the
* Verify and update project documentation.
* Timely tracking of project progress and budget in Salesforce and
* Timely update of budget requests, purchase orders, project close
out and internal service orders in Salesforce.
* Bachelors Degree preferred.
* Minimum of 7 years in the telecommunications industry with
outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures,
optical transport equipment, and project management experience.
Must be conversant/have working knowledge of structured cabling,
routing, switching, and IP protocols.
* Must have 4 years familiarity with all types of outside plant
construction and experience managing large capital projects.
* Familiar with Email, MS Excel, Word, Google Earth and
* Must be able to manage multiple aggressive RFP and design
construction schedules and responses.
* Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
* Familiar with all facets of OSP management, including quoting,
construction and delivery.
* Proven negotiation skills.
* Business minded and able to maintain a commercial focus.
* The employee must possess a valid driver s license and is
expected to drive as required to his/her assigned projects in order
to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
* The employee must perform on-site surveys and attend field
meetings required to ensure projects meet the delivery/ commitment
* The employee will be required occasionally to meet with various
municipalities and vendors to review project scope and to ensure
positive communication is maintained.
* Full ability and willingness to pull on call duty when assigned,
as dictated by the needs of the business.
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k),
disability and life insurance
* Fitness membership discounts
* Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
EEO IS THE LAW Zayo invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is
available for inspection upon request by emailing our People Ops
Keywords: Zayo group, Raleigh , OSP Project Manager, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!