Company: Zscaler, Inc.
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Position: Consulting Network Engineer - Deployment Services
Location: Raleigh, NC
PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to
the nature of customers assigned to this role.
At Zscaler we are on a mission to redefine network security for the
Cloud and Mobile-First World.
The cloud and mobility are creating a mega-shift that s disrupting
30 years of networking and security infrastructure. Traditional
network security architecture is no longer suitable for the cloud
and mobile-first world.
Zscaler is a pioneer and leader in cloud security and we are
enabling the world s leading organizations to securely transform
their networks and applications for the cloud and mobile-first
With a solution born and built 100% in the cloud, Zscaler employees
have built and operate a massive, global cloud security
architecture, delivering the entire gateway security stack as a
service. By providing fast, secure connections between users and
applications, regardless of device, location, or network.
We process over 60 billion transactions a day in our cloud and
protect our customers from over 125 million security threats daily.
We became a publicly traded company with our IPO in March 2018 and
are experiencing tremendous growth in all areas of the
Come and join our team and be part of this exciting transformation
to cloud based security.
We are currently seeking a Consulting Network Engineer for our
Deployment Advisory Services (DAS) team.
This is a roll-up the sleeves and be the driving force behind
Zscaler s World-Class, First-90-day customer experience, including
customer on boarding, best practice service configuration, and
overall service deployment.
As a DAS Engineer you will provide world-class post-sales
deployment services to new and existing enterprise and service
provider customers. You will design and configure network and
systems configuration to enable customers to use the Zscaler cloud
security technologies. In addition you will execute specific phases
of Zscaler deployments, and interact directly with customers using
a variety of channels (phone, email, online) in a professional and
efficient manner. The DAS Engineer will also interact with partners
and other internal Zscaler teams including support and
Responsibilities/What You ll Do:
* Engage with customers on deployments, to provide detailed
guidance regarding deployment steps, best practices, and expected
* Work with sales team to ensure hand-over of customer and design
* Provide deployment advisory services and deployment design,
recommendations, and configurations
* Assist deploying customers with testing or troubleshooting.
Escalate to support as required
* Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and document steps
to replicate for Support, Engineering and Operations teams
* Maintain deployment database, logging deployment status, and
* Become a Zscaler cloud service expert through self-study, company
training, and a desire to excel
* Limited travel typically only for company training or
* 7+ years of technical experience required in the networking, IT,
or security space
* Expert knowledge of IPsec, VPN, Secure Tunnels, ISP Peering,
Authentication, DMS, TCPIP and Firewalls
* Experience with Zscaler products a plus
* Experience with operating systems such as Linux, Unix and Free
* Networking Experience - VPN technologies such as IPSec and VPN
* Network troubleshooting experience - Familiarity with tools such
as Ping, Traceroute, MTR, and Network Protocol Analyzers such as
* Knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, FTP, DNS
* Working knowledge of Apache and IIS Web Server administration
* Network Security (SSL/TLS, VPNs, Firewall, IDS/IPS)
* Authentication systems such as LDAP, MS AD etc
* Superior and effective written and verbal communication
* Strategic thinker, who can also roll-up their sleeves and be
hands-on within technical setting
* Up to 20% travel required for training and customer visits
* Experience with cloud service providers, telecom, or ISP
companies a big plus
* Technical certifications a plus CCIE, CCSP, etc
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
advanced industry certifications
What You Can Expect From Us:
* A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
* Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
* The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley
* Zscaler is the world s leading software-as-a-service security
* We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented
* We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+
* Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
* Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our
Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the
Do you want to work on disruptive technology*
Do you thrive in a fluid work environment*
Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and
group success and celebrates achievement*
If you said yes, we d love to talk to you about joining our
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on
the basis of disability.
Follow Us on LinkedIn
Keywords: Zscaler, Inc., Raleigh , DAS Engineer, Engineering , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!