Senior Front End Engineer
Company: BitSight Technologies
Posted on: February 14, 2019
We are looking for experienced engineers to help build a front end engineering team in our Raleigh, NC office. The Raleigh office is one of the fastest growing sites in the company. We are aggressively building our local engineering presence and are looking for experienced engineers to help us shape & establish our engineering culture.
We are overhauling our Web front-end to better enable our users to gain insight into and manage their risk by allowing them to explore the significant parts of our data. While we provide summary metrics, with our diverse set of users we are developing more engaging and meaningful interfaces that scale with the volume of data that our products present.
Backing our front end, our core data processing engine exemplifies Big Data. It already processes tens of billions of records daily; we are revamping it to be more scalable, in execution time, data volume and resource usage. We are improving our operational infrastructure & processes to support a rapidly increasing, global customer base and expanding data volume. And we continue to introduce new features, enhancements and even entirely new products, by finding innovative, new insights in the rich sea of data we ingest.
We have lots of fundamental decisions ahead of us on what to build, how to build it, test it and support it. We are looking for engineers that embrace the challenge of tackling large problems and want to construct the foundation that the engineering team will use for the next 3-5 years.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field.
* 4+ years experience developing customer facing user interfaces.
* Experience with Web development build systems: Yarn/NPM, Grunt, Gulp, and Webpack
* Results driven. You don t want to just write code -- you want to ship code, have it used by customers and have it perform well.
* Ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
* Team-oriented. You are inspired & motivated by the energy & ideas of teammates.
* Holistic engineering & ownership, from design to deployment and onwards.
* Experience with public cloud platforms such as AWS
* Software development & delivery in a SaaS environment
* Working in high growth startups.
Individuals seeking employment at BitSight are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Keywords: BitSight Technologies, Raleigh , Senior Front End Engineer, Engineering , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!