Senior Infrastructure Automation Engineer (Windows)
Company: CGI Group Inc.
Posted on: November 11, 2018
CGI Federal is currently conducting a search for a Senior Infrastructure Automation Engineer (Windows) to join our federal client infrastructure team in Raleigh NC.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- The candidate will provide Microsoft Windows architecture, design, and implementation support.
- The candidate will provide expert level infrastructure management and automation support.
- Perform as primary Windows Systems Administrator in a large enterprise environment.
- Perform Patch management tasks to include: maintaining current knowledge of available patches, deciding what patches are appropriate for particular systems, ensuring that patches are installed properly, testing systems after installation, and documenting all associated procedures
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop, document, and automate technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on infrastructure automation experience in a Windows environment.
- Hands on experience working with Ansible (Ansible Modules, Ansible Playbooks, APIs).
- Experience with one or more open source tools compatible with Microsoft Windows installation/patch automation.
- Experience with Microsoft SCOM/SCCM tools.
- Hands on experience with change automation and orchestration.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Hand on experience with troubleshooting and diagnoses of hardware and software problems.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware and software in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Expert level knowledge of Windows Server Environment Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems including: Windows Server, Windows 7, 8, and 10, Remote Desktop.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- US Citizenship and US based residency for the past 5 years required to qualify for the government clearance.
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment.
- Hands on experience with Puppet, Chef, and/or SaltStack.
What you can expect from us: Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this changesupporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?*YesNo
Keywords: CGI Group Inc., Raleigh , Senior Infrastructure Automation Engineer (Windows), Engineering , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!