Information Security Engineering Manager (GRC)
Company: Bandwidth Recruitment
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software
company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with
cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a
network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP,
companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom
use Bandwidth's APIs to easily embed communications into software
and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the
technology space and was the first Communications
Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection
of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning
support teams help businesses around the world solve complex
communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We
celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic
What We Are Looking For:
The Information Security GRC Engineering Manager core function
serves in a primary role as Manager and Technical Lead for the
design,engineering, configuration and implementation of the
Information Security ISMS/PIMS, the GRC supporting systems, tools,
integrations, and all related applications. Secondary focus
includes the administration, maintenance, and ongoing support of
the ISMS/PIMS, and all related GRC tools for completeness,
accuracy, effectiveness, and functionality. This role also assists
with risk management, security and privacy controls, ISMS/PIMS
requirements, policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and
procedures as well as assisting security leadership with formal
risk/gap assessments including customer and prospect security
reviews. The GRC Engineering Manager is expected to have formal
compliance audit knowledge and experience, auditing experience of
common security controls for compliance needs, and to act in a
supporting role for security audits, leveraging the GRC systems and
tools as needed. Audit support also includes internal compliance
audits, reviews of users, access, roles, privileges, and
permissions across complex IT environments. In the GRC Engineering
Manager role you are expected to be aware of the enterprise's
security and privacy goals as established by the stated objectives,
mission, policies, procedures, and guidelines. You will actively
work towards achieving and upholding those goals for Bandwidth Inc.
This role will liaison with peers in security and IT as well as
across all technology departments.
What You'll Do:
- Plan, design, build, implement, and maintain the Security
- Plan, design, build, implement, and maintain the GRC systems,
tools, and apps that support the ISMS/PIMS.
- Serve as the Engineer/Technical Lead for the Security ISMS/PIMS
and GRC systems, tools, and apps.
- Manage the risk assessment process of third-party vendors (VRM
- Help facilitate internal and external audits to support the
Security program and overall compliance needs.
- Participate on the Security IRT as needed for Incident
Management processing and support.
- Work across multiple teams to help drive reduction in risks,
gaps, and non-compliances.
- Mentor junior GRC and other Information Security roles/staff as
- Conduct internal audits to validate completeness and accuracy
of the ISMS/PIMS, and security program.
- Support internal audits of Contractual and Policy controls to
validate ISMS/PIMS effectiveness and compliance.
- Perform user access reviews (UARs) as needed for audits and
reporting on a recurring basis.
- Develop remediation/corrective actions driven by audit results
for compliance within the organization.
- Assist with information security and privacy awareness
training, educational material, campaigns, and Manage the related
records, KPI's and metrics.
What You Need:
- Degree in IT or Information Security discipline or other
equivalent combination of education and/or sufficient work
experience that is focused on IT Security, Risk Management, Data
Protection or Compliance. Certifications are preferred and
welcomed, but not required for the role.
- Minimum 7 years in IT/Tech related roles, and 3+ years of
Information Security and audit experience.
- Proficient understanding and working knowledge of common
security standards and frameworks and the supporting systems and
tools that are required for achieving and maintaining effective
- Experienced with operating industry standard Infosec GRC tools
and supporting systems.
- Knowledge of common cyber-security tools; GRC, SIEMs,
vulnerability scanners secops and appsec.
- Knowledge of common AWS cloud security standards including
tools and supporting systems.
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, and ServiceNow.
- Understanding of IT systems, architecture, design, towards
common industry best practices.
- Strong analytical skills (logical/critical thinking) reviewing
reports, spotting trends, areas of concern, etc.
- Agile flexibility to move between work streams to help
accommodate changes and priorities.
- Critical thinking and a problem solving mindset, propensities
toward designing effective remediations.
- Familiarity of Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
- Formal security related certifications, degree, and/or
additional years of related work experience.
- IT Security compliance related auditing.
- ISMS/PIMS familiarity and use.
- Enterprise IT Security programs, systems, tools, and
- Designing and delivering employee security awareness
- Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans
- Cloud security and architecture and common cloud security
controls, especially AWS.
- General Security, IT, and Compliance Audits. Cloud Security and
Compliance, prefer AWS. Security and Privacy standards and best
practices. International security and privacy standards and
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we're pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is
rooted in our "Whole Person Promise." We promise all employees that
they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a
work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and
spirit. How do we do that? Well---
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you
and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you're
embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to
interrupt your PTO - not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through
volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- "Mahalo moments" program grants additional time off for life's
most important moments like graduations, buying a first home,
getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the
birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but
not sure if you're 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help
us crush the mission? If you answered 'yes' to both of these
questions, we encourage you to apply! You won't want to miss the
opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Keywords: Bandwidth Recruitment, Raleigh , Information Security Engineering Manager (GRC), Engineering , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!