Principle Design Engineer
Posted on: June 25, 2022
A Principle Design Engineer job in Raleigh, NC is currently
accepting applications. This is a direct-hire position with our key
manufacturing client. In this role, you will be responsible valve
design and industry code standards, supporting development
initiatives and technical needs for both nuclear and non-nuclear
customers. The individual must possess a strong technical
background/education to adequately address the complexity of valve
orders, design changes, and production issues. This role will
provide global technical support for the division for isolation
valves including Gate, Globe and Check Valves. To be considered for
this role, you will have a B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
along with 15+ years of related engineering experience.
Principle Design Engineer Job Responsibilities:
* Take ownership of projects from valve selection/quotation/design
through shipment and customer support. This includes specification
review, creation of technical engineering reports, creating testing
and other miscellaneous procedures, dealing with production
challenges, and interfacing with customers as needed.
* Provide leadership and support to other Engineers to help train
them technically and professionally
* Provide guidance and support as an industry expert in ASME
* Fully support plant wide continuous improvement, lean
manufacturing, and cost reduction initiatives by contributing to an
active CIP/lean program within the engineering department.
* Drive personal, departmental, and plant success through
well-defined metrics and balance multiple priorities
Principle Design Engineer Job Requirements:
* B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* 15+ years of experience in a valve engineered manufacturing
* PE certification or eligible to receive one
* Familiarity with 2D and 3D CAD systems; Solidworks and ANSYS
* Working knowledge of nuclear industry requirements including ASME
Sections II, III and VIII, 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, and NQA-1
* Must have a high sense of urgency to plan and execute order
requirements to meet shipment schedule as well as deal with ongoing
shop floor issues, customer issues, and documentation creation.
* Interpersonal skills are critical for optimum communication with
cross-functional departments as well as internal and external
* Aptitude for mechanical and analytical work, with the ability to
analyze situations and make sound recommendations.
* Ability to produce professional engineering reports and
presentations in keeping with company policies & objectives.
* Lean mentality with an attitude for continuous improvement,
looking for ways to advance plant and Engineering processes
If you are interested in this Principle Design Engineer job in
Raleigh, NC, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the
world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent
opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct
assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are
the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal
is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people,
organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For
more information, please visit our website at
Keywords: Belcan, Raleigh , Principle Design Engineer, Engineering , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!