Civil Engineering Designer
Company: ESP Associates
Posted on: June 25, 2022
ESP is looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to
learn and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to
join our Raleigh (Morrisville), NC location. The position includes
design in land development and construction document preparation
for roads, storm drainage systems, storm water management
facilities, water and sanitary sewer utility design, sediment and
erosion control, and traffic control associated with residential,
commercial, and institutional projects. This is a great opportunity
to continue to grow your career in land development with a
well-established and dynamic Engineering, Surveying and Planning
- Perform work with a small team through civil site/land
development design, permitting, and construction observation on a
variety of residential, commercial, and institutional
- Develop strong relationships with team members.
- Perform design of land development projects within Autodesk
AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Perform and prepare technical design calculations associated
with land development projects (i.e., storm drainage hydraulic
sizing, water distribution modeling, best management practices
(BMP), sanitary sewer collection systems, erosion control measures,
- Perform preliminary engineering evaluations, including quantity
take-offs and opinions of probable construction cost.
- Perform site visits and prepare associated field reports.
- Observe and provide general coordination for various field
testing (i.e. water pressure testing, gravity sewer low pressure
testing, manhole vacuum testing, etc.).Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (BSCE) or Engineering
- EI/EIT certification required. PE preferred.
- 2+ years of qualifying civil engineering design
- Previous experience with AutoCAD and/or Civil3D preferred.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a strong desire to continue learning, advance
professionally, and demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced,
design team environment.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check,
and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the
company's driving (MVR) policy.Corporate Information:ESP is a
multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing
our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape
architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility
engineering, and construction engineering inspection.Through years
of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received a designation
of 258 on the 2022 ENR Top 500 Design Firm rankings. For the firm's
primary territory, the ENR Southeast Top Design Firms, ESP received
a 2022 ranking of 43.ESP offers an excellent employee benefits
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
Keywords: ESP Associates, Raleigh , Civil Engineering Designer, Engineering , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!