Company: Blue Lake Consulting Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
On behalf of our client, a global manufacturer of specialty
materials (metals), we are seeking a Project Engineer to be an
instrumental member in support of plant management, developing
detailed plans and engineering services to provide for the design,
acquisition and installation of equipment and facilities required
for the efficient operation of the plant's production and
administrative operations. Recommends strategies to achieve lower
cost, faster production rates, and lower process variability in the
operations. Also capable of handling special projects with minimal
- Independently handles major projects of a high profile, complex
nature that may involve groups outside of the total
- Prepares detailed engineering plans, designs, drawings, cost
estimates, financial justification and schedules required for
engineering and maintenance projects.
- Maintains engineering drawings and documentation of all
equipment and manufacturing processes.
- Determines detailed equipment and services required for
engineering projects, prepares requests for bids, evaluates
suppliers, prepares appropriate purchase requisitions, and
supervises installation of new or modifications to existing
- Conducts research of new equipment and manufacturing processes
to maintain and improve the company's competitive position.
- Optimization of equipment to provide desired balance of cost,
throughput, and variability.
- Provides overall project management of engineering projects
within assigned departments ensuring on-time completion within
- Assists in managing maintenance activities associated with
- Provides engineering support, advice and counsel to
Maintenance, Production and R&D personnel to maintain equipment
and facility operations.
- Recommends equipment designs, makes, models, methods of
construction, and vendors to meet engineering project
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be
Experience & Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university,
(preferably Mechanical Engineering);
- 5-6 years manufacturing engineering experience and/or
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all equipment and processes
within assigned departments, researches and evaluates new equipment
and processes, and makes recommendations for installation of new
facilities to increase production efficiency and/or improve product
- Provides advice to personnel engaged in product development
activities regarding effective equipment designs and processes to
- Monitors operating conditions and directs attention and actions
to signals of non-random chance variation in the process.
Recommends necessary changes for improvement.
- Knowledge of Design software, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
Keywords: Blue Lake Consulting Group, Raleigh , Project Engineer, Engineering , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!