Company: Fdh Infrastructure Services
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Come grow with us!
Company Description: FDH Infrastructure Services is an industry
leader in engineering, construction, and field services for
critical structures and facilities. Markets served include
telecommunications, heavy civil, power, industrial, commercial, and
government. Our continued success is directly linked to the
knowledge and experience of our talented staff. FDH is a
team-oriented, performance-driven organization, committed to
safety, quality, and professional integrity. Our work culture
fosters continuous learning and innovation to improve our products,
services, and business processes. We work hard for our customers
and enjoy having fun together. Come grow with us!
Enjoy Great Benefits: FDH provides a comprehensive benefits
package, including healthcare, dental, vision, life and AD&D
insurance, disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan with company
match. Flexible time-off plans encourage a healthy work/life
balance for all employees. Wellness activities are promoted
throughout the year.*FDH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
FDH requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,
and will require proof of vaccination if you are offered a position
at the Company.If you believe you need an accommodation because of
a disability or sincerely held religious belief, please contact the
Human Resources department to request a reasonable accommodation
consistent with FDHs policy on workplace accommodations.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITIONThe Project Engineer Civil will perform
a wide range of civil engineering design and analysis services,
primarily related to water resources, civil/site development and
remediation, and/or comprehensive riverine flow and flooding
investigations. The engineer will perform work of low to moderate
complexity and size under the direct supervision of senior
engineering professionals.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Perform field investigations of development sites, including
assessment of drainage flow paths and drainage structures and
systems, topography, existing electric and telephone utility
locations and service providers, and access drive location
- Complete hydrologic and hydraulic calculations typically
associated with roadway and site drainage systems.
- Perform site design tasks including assisting others with site
selection, and providing roadway plan and profile, grading, erosion
control, and permitting.
- Provide CAD support for the candidates own designs, as well as
designs of senior staff.
- Analyze/evaluate the relationship between stormwater runoff and
- Perform on-site inspections of field conditions relating to
stormwater systems, slope and roadway surface stability, and
- Prepare engineering studies and report regarding slope
stability, rural roadway systems, and stormwater control in rural
- Correspond with various municipalities and governing agencies
regarding design and permitting requirements.
- Coordinate with sub-consultants and contractors to provide
clients with turn-key solutions.
- Research innovative methods for addressing issues related to
steep slopes and rural roadway stability.
- Provide design of basic stormwater management facilities for
stormwater quantity and quality control.
- Research local, state, and federal regulations and ordinances
to determine specific project requirements as necessary.
- Perform hydraulic modeling of riverine and bridge systems using
computer software such as HEC-RAS, ArcGIS, Riverflow 2D, Hydraflow,
and related software applications.
- Perform detailed scour analyses using the qualitative and
quantitative procedures outlined in the FHWA publication Evaluating
Scour at Bridges (HEC-18) and other scour publications.
- Analyze/evaluate various water resource related technical
problems to improve the performance of stormwater systems.
- Conduct/direct field and survey investigations associated with
hydrologic and hydraulic and stormwater studies.
- Respectfully and confidently discuss project concerns,
questions, and solutions with clients and inter-company
- Assist with project management and administration associated
with appointed tasks.
- Prepare quantities take-offs and estimates of probable costs
for site design and site remediation projects.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor while
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of FDH.
- Understands and follows FDH and customer systems for filing and
- Supports accounting activities as directed.
- Willing to work beyond normal working hours temporarily.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering (or related
- Minimum of one year experience in an engineering or
construction environment, preferred.
- Basic knowledge of tools and resources needed to investigate
jurisdictional, state and federal ordinances and regulations,
seeking help from senior engineers as necessary to complete
assigned research tasks.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic computer software such as
HEC-RAS, HydraFlow, HydroCAD, HEC-HMS, and others.
- Experience in computer drafting associated with roadway plan
and profile, cross section layout, etc.
- Experience in topographic surveying, including office and field
survey operations, desirable.
- Basic knowledge of hydrologic and hydraulic principles
associated with roadway drainage, riverine and open channel
systems, bridge and culvert systems, stormwater management, and/or
- Ability to read topographic maps and grading plans,
- Proficient in computer software programs including Adobe, Word,
Outlook and Excel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSURES, REGISTRATIONS
- Engineer in Training (EIT) licensure strongly preferred.
- Professional Engineering (PE) licensure, or ability to obtain
within one year, strongly preferred.
- Ability to produce deliverables with accuracy and attention to
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize
multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Good reading and math comprehension with attention to
- Effective interaction and communication with colleagues,
sub-consultants, clients and prospective clients.
- Strong follow-through skills with ability to meet
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and with
others to complete tasks.
- Typical office physical requirements sitting, walking, computer
work, filing, etc.
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of
- Typical office environment.
- Approximately 10% overnight travel by land or air may be
required for site visits, client meetings, or committee meetings.by
Keywords: Fdh Infrastructure Services, Raleigh , Civil Engineer, Engineering , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!