Manufacturing Design Engineer
Company: Manpower Engineering
Posted on: November 23, 2021
The qualified Engineer will have specific ability to provide
solutions to thermal and process challenges in the conditioning and
baking of products commonly found in an industrial food environment
of medium and large sized bakeries. This will include developing
and effectively monitoring heat transfer mechanisms using air
impingement or other means of disrupting product surface boundary
conditions by using steam, open flame, direct, infrared, and
indirect heating from various combustion sources. Often the
challenges will be in assisting customers reduce or reuse energy or
decrease bake times while achieving maximum production in an
environment that is robust and reliable while requiring minimal
sanitation or maintenance effort within the space and cost
constraints defined by the customer.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Communicate with purchasing department and participate in
vendor selection to achieve the best value for purchased components
considering quality, lead time, cost, and function.
- Work in a team setting with electrical and systems engineering,
sales and manufacturing counterparts to produce designs that meet
specifications with predetermined cost targets.
- Work closely with manufacturing and purchasing to prepare
detailed cost estimates of designs.
- Make field trips with sales representatives to obtain first
hand feedback on design concept from customers. Preparation of
presentation materials will be required.
- Assist manufacturing and field service with technical problems
during manufacture or site construction EDUCATION AND/OR
- Design of machines and components to fit in larger operating
- Drafting experience using tolerance techniques, geometric
dimensioning and checking as required for sheet metal fabrication,
welding, and machining work.
- Field experience in trouble shooting machinery, analyzing
- Demonstrated ability and results in value analysis.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent directly related
- Previous experience in working successfully with customers and
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to read, and present technical and marketing
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate (Windows, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office,
- Familiar with metrics, ISO standards, etc.
- Food processing background.
- Familiarity with safety, product liability, and injury
- Eight or more years successful and innovative design
- Knowledge of and at least some basic skill in AutoCAD and
Autodesk Inventor is required.
- Working knowledge of State, Federal, and associated standards
such as ANSI, OSHA, FM, NFPA, CE etc.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to travel independently and extensively via foot, air,
rail, automobile or public transportation
- Ability to negotiate stairs, ladders, walkways and equipment
- Willingness to be available for weekends, odd hours, and extra
time as required to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
Keywords: Manpower Engineering, Raleigh , Manufacturing Design Engineer, Engineering , Clayton, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!