Lead Infrastructure Engineer (Mainframe Storage Team)
Company: BB&T Corporation
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Specific information related to the position is outlined below.
To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create
an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will
provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the
application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by
emailing--Accessibility or by calling 877-891-2510. This email
inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any
other correspondence will not receive a response.Regular or
Temporary:RegularLanguage Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift:
1st shift (United States of America) Please review the following
job description: Resolves complex technical issues for Truist's
Network applications.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not
mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to
- Performs problem tracking, diagnosis and root-cause analysis,
replication, troubleshooting, and resolution for complex issues. In
this capacity, performs programming and debugging activities.
- Responds to issues in a timely manner by receiving and
investigating incidents or service tickets.
- Analyzes and observes trends with technical issues and develops
recommendations for long- term improvements.
- Documents all relevant end-user interactions and steps taken to
- Has occasional contact with end-users.
- Communicates status of issue resolution to internal
- May engage and manage outside vendors.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of application support and an
understanding of best practices.
- Typically leads moderately complex projects and participates in
larger, more complex initiatives.
- Solves complex technical and operational problems.
- Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience.
- May have people management responsibilities for a small team.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Bachelor's degree and five years of experience in development
or application support or an equivalent combination of education
and work experience.
- In- depth knowledge in information systems and ability to
identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive
strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or
sensitive information.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and six years of experience or an equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- --Proficiency in working, collaboratively, in a team
- Demonstrate proficiency in troubleshooting complex storage
environments (end-to-end) in a production environment, which may
include formulating recommendations in high-pressure and critical
- Ability to grasp the "big picture" for a solution by
considering all potential options and impacted areas
- Aptitude to understand and adapt to newer technologies
- Excellent understanding of System z architecture
- Excellent experience with IBM z/OS operating system
- Experience in building Mainframe LPAR and OS Upgrades
- Capable of planning and supporting Disaster recovery
- Experience/knowledge of parallel sysplex (GDPS), catalog
management, IBM system utilities
- System parameters/parmlib maintenance
- Knowledge on DFSMS (DFSMShsm / DFSMSdss), Flashcopy, ICF
- Performance tuning & Development of operational procedures
- Experience with system indicators (logs, dumps, error) logs for
pro-active management of system problems
- Hardware knowledge on large-scale hardware vendors (IBM, EMC,
- Experience in implementing and managing IBM (DS8000) or EMC
- Experience with IBM Tape Management Systems
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic computer applications, such as
Microsoft Office software product suite
- Travel up to 25%Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an
Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against
individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free
Workplace.Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and
SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals
to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the
country. You may notice references to our legacy company names,
BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such
references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward
while we continue to transition to the Truist name.EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
BB&T and SunTrust have joined forces to become Truist. We're
combining the best of each company to bring you better experiences,
better partnerships, and better technology to offer even more ways
to help grow your financial confidence. With more than 275 years of
combined history through our legacy brands, BB&T and SunTrust,
Truist is now one of the nation's premier financial institutions,
dedicated to building a better future for our clients, teammates,
and communities. About Truist
Truist Financial Corporation (NYSE: TFC) is a purpose-driven
company dedicated to building a better future for its clients,
teammates, and communities. With 275 years of combined BB&T and
SunTrust history, Truist is one of the nation's largest financial
services holding companies offering a wide range of services
including retail, small business, and commercial banking; asset
management; capital markets; commercial real estate; corporate and
institutional banking; insurance; mortgage; payments; specialized
lending; and wealth management. Headquartered in Charlotte, North
Carolina, Truist serves approximately 10 million households with
leading market share in many high-growth markets in the
Truist Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more at Truist.com .
Keywords: BB&T Corporation, Raleigh , Lead Infrastructure Engineer (Mainframe Storage Team), Engineering , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!