Machine Learning Compiler Engineer (Senior Staff)
Company: Qualcomm Incorporated
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Company:Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.Job Area:Engineering Group,
Engineering Group > Machine Learning EngineeringJob
Overview:Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G
ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new
possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and
enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive
minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform
5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This
is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G - ushering in
an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities
that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But
this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse
skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into
world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age
- and this is where you come in. We are investing in several
supporting technologies including 4G, 5G, Edge Computing, and Deep
The Qualcomm CR&D team is developing hardware and software for
Machine Learning solutions spanning the data center, edge,
infrastructure, automotive markets and beyond. We are seeking
ambitious, bright and innovative engineers with experience in
compiler technology, vectorization and optimization, and machine
Job activities span the whole product life cycle from early R&D
to commercial deployment. The environment is fast-paced and
requires cross-functional interaction on a daily basis so good
communication, planning and execution skills are a must.
We are looking to staff engineers at multiple levels in systems &
software, integration and test. Details of one of the roles we are
looking to staff are listed below.
- Research, design, develop, enhance, and implement the different
components of machine learning compiler based on performance and
code-size needs of the customer workloads and benchmarks.
- Analyze software requirements, determine the feasibility of
design within the given constraints, consult with architecture and
HW engineers, and implement software solutions best suited for
- Analyze and identify system level integration issues, interface
with the software development, integration and test teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information SystemsPreferred
Qualifications, Computer Science, or related field.
- 2+ years of academic or professional experience with compiler
- 3+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
- 3+ years experience with Programming Language such as C/C++ and
- LLVM or any industrial strength compiler development experience
is a plus.
- Knowledge of the structure and function of the compiler
- Hands on experience writing SIMD and/or multi-threaded
- Hands-on experience implementing DSP Kernels a plus
- Hands-on Experience in C/C++, Python development (3+
- Hands-on Experience with Object Orientated Design, TDD
development solutions such as GoogleTest etc. (2+ years)
- Experience with Source Code and Configuration management tools,
git knowledge is required
- Willingness to work in a cohesive software development
environment with ability to work on low level implementation (code
& test) and interfacing with hardware and simulators
- Experience in machine learning frameworks and neural network
architectures + ML compiler workload synthesis, a plus
- Prior working experience of hardware accelerators and hardware
- Experience in using C++ 14/17 (advanced features)
- Experience at both the firmware (RTOS) and system level (Linux)
- Experience of profiling software and optimization
- Passion to drive to develop leading-edge "deep learning"
framework and algorithms working on mobile and embedded
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an
accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call
Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm
will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support
individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring
process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace
accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal
opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only
for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting
agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not
authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or
resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from
agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm
employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or
any other protected classification.
Keywords: Qualcomm Incorporated, Raleigh , Machine Learning Compiler Engineer (Senior Staff), Engineering , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!