Automation Engineer III
Company: TierPoint, LLC
Posted on: October 17, 2020
The Automation Engineer will be part of the automation team
providing automation development services for TierPoint managed
services customers. The successful candidate will demonstrate
advanced expertise in automation tools and best practices. The
candidate will also demonstrate advanced knowledge of Linux
operating systems. The position will be 90% development and 10%
operational support. The candidate must also have outstanding
customer service skills, and the ability to translate complex
technical issues into common language. The Automation Engineer III
reports to the Manager Unix OS and Automation.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service
surrounding the Company values.
- Regularly communicates expectations, assignments and progress
clearly and professionally.
- Plan, develop, and deploy automation tools in support of
TierPoint customer implementations.
- Act as an escalation point for Linux Engineers helping to
resolve the most complex of issues.
- Ensure timely resolution of high severity incidents, including
communications, reporting, and tracking of follow-ups.
- Create technical documentation for automation tools, processes,
standards, technical training, and support procedures.
- Collaborate closely with other operations teams and
architecture to efficiently ensure development work is aligned with
the needs to implementation engineers and customers.
- Desire to improve upon existing systems and automate processes,
including writing and maintaining documentation
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information technology, engineering,
computer science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent customer facing communication skills (both written
- 2 years' experience in Automation development
- Advanced scripting knowledge in BASH, Python, PowerShell,
- Advanced WebDev skills in Rails, Ruby, PHP, API
- Experience in Apache and Nginx Administration
- Proficient in one or more configuration management systems
(Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with using Ansible, Terraform or similar as
- 2 years' experience with MySql Administration
- 3 - 5 years' experience in managing enterprise Linux / UNIX
- Expert level troubleshooting ability of Linux / UNIX
- Experience with RHEL 6 & 7, CentOS 6 & 7, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS,
- 3 - 5 years' experience in VMware vCenter
- Experience in complex multi data center environments with 24x7,
mission critical operations
- Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform Job
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and with others
- Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented,
collaborative environment with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite and Windows-based computer
applications Preferred Experience
- Previous service provider experience, strongly preferred.
- Experience with VMware Cloud Director
Keywords: TierPoint, LLC, Raleigh , Automation Engineer III, Engineering , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!