Technical Support Engineer - Data Integration
Posted on: January 17, 2020
What makes us QlikQlik helps enterprises around the world move
faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end
solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only
one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven
exploration, giving everyone - at any skill level - the ability to
make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative
changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100
countries with 50,000customers around the world. If you think we
are interesting, please read on - we may be looking for you!
The Technical Support Team
At Qlik, our support Technicians are our HEROES. That's because our
technicians do more than manage complex technical support cases
they are determined, resilient and have an unshakable positive
mindset. Our team in US consists of more than 30 support
professionals from multiple international backgrounds, who work and
play closely together. We have a larger Global support team that we
interact with daily, with locations in Barcelona, Lund, Sydney,
Tokyo, Raleigh, North Carolina USA and Bangalore India. We think
you will love it here!
Hit the ground running
Teamwork is important and we are looking for someone who's up for
collaborating. A buddy will be there for you at the start, and
you'll report into the team manager.
We will support you in your onboarding and training, and we expect
you to quickly take ownership of tasks. It won't be long before
you're running your own assignments and making a real difference
all by yourself. Prove yourself and you'll find career progression
We'll share ways of working and expect you to follow them, it's all
about keeping professional standards high and errors low, while
delivering the best experience and outcomes for our customers.
How you will spend your time as our next Technical Support
- Qlik Supports vision is to provide data-driven, world-class
support. We provide continuous, proactive and personalized service
to ensure that our customers are successful in adopting and using
our products to achieve their business goals. As a Junior Technical
Support Engineer, you will be an important part of our Customer's
continued success and Qlik's too!
- Working together with your colleagues, you will be responsible
for troubleshooting and resolving customer technical issues during
the required business hours (occasionally on weekends).
- The role involves great responsibility and opportunity to
develop your inter-personal skills and learn our market leading
products and how they work in a complex and powerful
- The Technical Support Engineer team member will provide
telephone, screen sharing, and ticket-based support to our
- Troubleshoots customer submitted problems by working together
with our customers in a collaborative manner.
- Keeps customers updated regularly with the current state of
- Investigate customers' current situation and desired end state
understand our customers' needs and problems.
- Provides world class customer experience by as delivering
satisfaction to every case for every customer.
- Interact with customers, understanding their problems and
- Seeks workarounds and communicates technical solutions to the
- Remain current with the Attunity product functions and
features, and with related technologies in the Attunity
- Participate in the 24*7 support on call duty for production
- Reproduces customer problems in the lab.
- Assists in translating the customer problem into suitable
technical terms for the R&D Support team to work on.
- Exhaust all efforts according to the working procedures before
escalating a case.
- Maintain a shared knowledge base across the team by writing
technical solution articles, documenting lessons learned from
support cases and participating in weekly meetings.
- Keep case summaries on cases for escalations and
- Maintain coherent working procedures to reflect professional
attitude and maintain efficiency.
You will be considered for the role if you have the following
skills and qualifications
- A relevant degree in IT systems or equivalent
- English at a fluent level
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a "can-do" attitude
- Up to 3+ years' working knowledge / experience with:
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, MySQL,
- Operating system (windows, Linux)
- Mainframe: IBM Z series, HP Nonstop, VSAM, IMS
- Big Data: Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, Kafka,
- Data Warehousing: Redshift, Vertica, Netezza, Hawq, Greenplum,
- Cloud: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
You will thrive if you have
- Knowledge / experience with Qlik products
- Knowledge / experience with web services (REST, SOAP ---)
- Knowledge / experience supporting 3rd party connectors
- Knowledge / experience with single sign-on and identity
federation solutions (ADFS, CA Siteminder, Pingfederate, Onelogin,
- Fluency in another language (French/German)
- Previous experience in customer facing roles.
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the
culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our
numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is in Raleigh,NC.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on
the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the
diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to
disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please
contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for
this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All
resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik
via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a
valid written search agreement in place for this position will be
deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event
the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or
through other means.
Keywords: Qlik, Raleigh , Technical Support Engineer - Data Integration, Engineering , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!