Account Director, Promotional Medical Education Marketing (Remote)
Company: The Lockwood Group
Posted on: February 15, 2019
This position can be based remotely (working from home) or at our headquarters in Stamford, CT.
About Lockwood: Lockwood collaborates with clients in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries to identify effective, holistic, science-based strategies to address their objectives through medical communications. Our clients count on us to challenge their assumptions, and help them creatively navigate around obstacles. From strategy through execution, we focus on accuracy, transparency, and scientific value to create programs that are evidence-based, clinically relevant, and contribute to the development of our clients' brands. Over a third of our staff hold advanced scientific or medical degrees, and most work from where they live. Because our flexible structure provides better work-life balance, we attract the best talent, facilitate their best work, and as a result, are more responsive to our clients, wherever and whenever they do business.
Summary: In this role, the Account Director will oversee all internal and external aspects of an account management team. Responsibilities include directly managing and mentoring account team staff, brainstorming and starting up new programs, troubleshooting, facilitating interdepartmental communication, providing staffing/resourcing reports, and contributing to new business development efforts if requested. External responsibilities include establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and key faculty, liaising with relevant medical associations and institutions, and presenting innovative ideas and exploring new business opportunities with current clients.
- Manage day-to-day for assigned book of business.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with client(s) and stakeholders.
- Ensure client expectations are met or exceeded on all levels by maintaining ongoing communication (written and verbal) with client and account team members and troubleshooting problems/issues as necessary.
- Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of client organizations, products, disease states, and marketing objectives.
- Oversee budgeting, financial monitoring, and reconciliation of individual projects.
- Pursue and acquire new business within current accounts by writing proposals, developing new business presentations, and regular on site client meetings.
- Hire, train, establish individualized career development plans, provide ongoing feedback, and conduct performance evaluations with direct reports.
- Update senior management on account team activity, new business opportunities, financial analyses and projections.
- Assign and manage account team workload.
- Work with department managers to identify and manage internal and external resources.
- Facilitate conflict resolution within and between departments or between account team members.
- Participate and/or lead team meetings.
Direct Reports: Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, Associate Project Managers, Project Coordinators
Education: A Bachelor's degree is required. An advanced degree in science or business is preferred.
Professional Skills & Experience: Seven plus years of relevant job experience, including management responsibilities, interdisciplinary team involvement, marketing and/or communications within a scientific setting is required. Management experience in one or more of the following settings: pharmaceutical manufacturer, biotech, managed care hospital, medical communications company, or healthcare advertising agency is preferred. The ability to quickly grasp and retain scientific and technical concepts is required. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, strong presentation skills and business development skills are also required.
Keywords: The Lockwood Group, Raleigh , Account Director, Promotional Medical Education Marketing (Remote), Education / Teaching , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!