Upper School Academic Skills Teacher (Long-Term Substitute)
Company: Ravenscroft Group
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Long-Term Substitute March 2023 - June 2, 2023We are looking to
welcome an Academic Skills Teacher into a community that actively
strives to be diverse, equitable and inclusive. Our candidates
should demonstrate empathy, knowledge and an understanding for the
diverse backgrounds in our community; place an importance on
genuine and authentic connections with students, faculty, staff and
parents; be able to work collaboratively with team members of
diverse backgrounds; and have the capacity to model an attitude of
unyielding curiosity and a growth mindset.The Upper School Academic
Skills teacher must have an in-depth understanding of learning
differences, the ability to teach learning strategies that support
executive function, to advocate for students and their families,
and be able to manage confidential information. A major
responsibility of the position is to assist with the development of
the total child including the ability to identify and communicate
the most effective and efficient methods for working with each
student in the program.Reports to: Assistant Head of School for
Student AffairsAs an Academic Skills Teacher, here is what you get
to do:The experienced educator should bring energy and passion for
teaching students with learning differences. Other responsibilities
and necessary competencies include the following:
- Understanding executive function skills and supporting students
with developing strategies.
- Teaching five classes; planning and executing lessons; managing
and monitoring student learning.
- Demonstrating cultural competence and the ability to connect
with a diverse community of students, faculty, staff, and
- Connecting with students, challenging them, and shifting
pedagogical practice to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Writing weekly progress reports for enrolled students in the
Academic Skills program.
- Collaborates with grade level teachers to understand academic
content in order to support student learning.
- Supporting classroom teachers by sharing best practices for
working with students with learning differences.
- Reading psycho-educational reports; planning and communicating
appropriate accommodations to students, parents, and teachers.
- Developing, implementing, and reviewing individualized learning
plans with students, parents, and teachers.
- Co-Advising 10-12 students; facilitating the "Lead From Here"
curriculum; meeting with parents of advisees.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Special Education or Learning
Differences/Disabilities required; MA or M.Ed highly desirable; one
degree must be in Education
- Previous experience working with students who have learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective technology skills
- Tact in dealing with parents, teachers, and students.
- Collaboration, teamwork, organization, and planning skills
Keywords: Ravenscroft Group, Raleigh , Upper School Academic Skills Teacher (Long-Term Substitute), Education / Teaching , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!