NC Pre-K Teacher $23
Company: Telamon Corporation
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Telamon is an eleven-state, non-profit corporation headquartered in
Raleigh, North Carolina serving communities for 55 years. Telamon's
mission is to provide educational services that lead to better
jobs, better lives, and better communities. Telamon provides
programs and services in three areas, Early Childhood and Family
Support, Workforce Career Services, and Housing & Financial
Develops and implements individual and group educational plans for
children, designed to promote social-emotional, physical, and
cognitive growth in a manner appropriate to their stage of
development. Provides leadership through active direction and
direct supervision of assigned staff and Volunteers.
1. Support the enrollment of all NC Pre-K families into the
ReadyRosie solution. Must incorporate ReadyRosie resources into
existing family engagement plans and Teaching Strategies Gold
Family Tab to share and communicate with families.
2. Required to work on all teacher work days (up to 5) included in
the school calendar.
3. Participate in professional development consistent with the NC
State Board of Education policy.
4. Develops individualized and group lesson plans using the
approved curriculum and educational activities that promote all
developmental areas to improve the readiness of children for
school. Incorporate additional curriculum documentation as required
by state preschool program.
5. Guides and facilitates activities of the children including
daily class room activities and field trips. Uses creativity to
provide healthy and safe activities that are developmentally and
6. Selects and sets up equipment and materials in the classroom.
Ensures there is a safe and healthy developmentally appropriate
7. Maintains accurate records, both on paper and in designated
on-line systems. Maintains confidentiality regarding students and
8. Plans, conducts and documents observations, assessments and
screenings. Maintains a comprehensive and ongoing portfolio
assessment for each child including weekly observations, examples
of the child's work, and developmental assessments.
9. Compose, proofread, and analyze reports. Utilize data analysis
to plan, individualize, and teach.
10. Conducts home visits and parent conferences to discuss the
child's individual development and progress and assists parents in
developing observational skills.
11. Provides guidance and technical advice to center staff. Works
with the classroom staff and Volunteers to develop their skills and
abilities in planning and carrying out classroom activities.
12. Uses the playground as an extension of the classroom; assures
that the playground is safe.
13. Eats with and assists children in eating to teach social and
self-help skills and sound nutritional practices.
14. Ensures that the physical needs of children are met, assisting
children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting,
brushing teeth, and toilet habits.
15. Creates ways to engage parents in the education of their
children including encouraging classroom involvement and home
16. Protects the safety of children by implementing active
supervision techniques to ensure no child is left alone or
unsupervised at any time.
17. May assist in preparing meals.
18. May perform duties of other staff members (Bus Monitor, Center
Aide, Teacher's Assistant) in time of staff shortage.
19. May participate in supervising the Center Aides.
20. Assists in planning in-service training.
21. May assist in preparing and serving meals.
22. Inventories all classroom equipment and supplies annually.
23. Works in cooperation with supervisor to develop and document
progress on professional development plan for self and assigned
staff. Actively engages in professional development activities to
increase qualifications in accordance with Corporation's Core
24. Fills in on a temporary basis when a staff member needs to
leave the classroom for a short duration.
25. Participates in staff meetings and training sessions
26. Work may require the flexibility to stay until all children
have left the program.
27. Keeps classroom clean and organized.
28. May translate.
29. Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
This position may directly supervise others. This may include
participation in the employee training, onboarding, conducting
performance coaching/evaluation, and delegation of duties and
conflict resolution. Promotes an environment of teamwork and
cooperation and is accessible to employees.
Education and Experience Requirements
--- A Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or and
ECE related degree. One year, or more, of experience working with
preschool children is preferred.
--- Must have or obtain a North Carolina (NC) Birth through
Kindergarten (B-K) Continuing License or B-K or Pre-K/K Add-on
License issued by the North Carolina Department of Public
Instruction. If enrolled in a license B-K program, must participate
at minimum of six documented semester hours per year.
--- Must have or obtain an Interrater Reliability Certification
--- Must have or obtain certification CPR and First Aid
certification within 30 days of hire and recertify as required.
Skills and Abilities
--- Microsoft Office products and on-line client management
--- Bilingual ability is preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
--- Work is performed mostly inside the facility.
--- Standing for prolong periods of time.
--- Sitting, walking, stooping, squatting, lifting (up to30 lbs),
carrying, pushing and climbing.
--- Riding in a bus for prolong periods of time with noise and
--- Frequent exposure to adverse weather conditions.
--- Exposure to blood, other bodily fluids, cleaning chemicals and
--- Keyboarding and data entry, use of telephone.
--- Where applicable, conduct home visits to customer residences,
exposure to potentially unsafe environments, climb stairs.
--- Regular attendance for this position is required, as regular
attendance ensures we are providing the services we have committed
to provide to the children and families we serve.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Telamon Corporation, Raleigh , NC Pre-K Teacher $23, Education / Teaching , Knightdale, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!