Content Marketing Editor (remote)
Company: Profound Strategy
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Are you a wordsmith with a penchant for crafting the perfect
headline? Is grammatical pedantry your middle name? Does the
excitement of content marketing keep you up at night?
Profound Strategy is a specialized SEO agency trusted by many
notable technology brands in the business-to-business (B2B) space.
We are a fast-paced, collaborative, tight-knit team, and we're
looking for a new superstar editor with established content
marketing skills to support our growing client base. This is not an
Modern SEO depends substantially on creative, engaging, and useful
online content. The Editor will collaborate with staff and clients
to research and conceptualize impactful (and often complex) content
marketing concepts, and will coordinate with our team of freelance
writers to manage content production through to completion.
The right candidate is comfortable providing direction and feedback
to others, and is confident in sharing insights and ideas with
internal and external stakeholders throughout the creative process.
Even though this is a remote position, it requires frequent
communication and collaboration with colleagues on a daily
As an Editor at Profound Strategy, you will engage in the complete
content process from strategy and ideation through fulfillment.
Primary duties for the Editor position include:
- Commissioning high-quality content drafts from our team of
freelancers, including creating outlines, editing drafts to fit
client needs, improve readability, and adhere to SEO best
- Conducting deep research into relevant content and keywords,
buyer personas and journeys, and competitor sites to inform and
support strategic marketing initiatives.
- Working closely with other Profound Strategy team members and
clients to create strategic and comprehensive SEO-focused content
marketing strategies and tactics.
- Work collaboratively with Profound Strategy staff and clients
to build and refine content strategies for each project.
- Perform detailed research into client and competitor site
content, keyword targets, and other elements to develop competitive
- Handle each step of the content production process for a
variety of clients, including extensive research and planning,
writer assignment, editorial review, and publication.
- Produce complex content that is of exceptional quality, aligns
with the reader's needs, adheres to client's voice and branding,
and utilizes Profound Strategy's SEO best practices.
- Manage Content Team writers throughout the content production
process and ensure client specifications, quality standards, and
deadlines are met.
- Proven writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of related professional experience.
- Relevant content marketing experience, preferably in-house or
in an agency setting.
- Driven and self-directed in a fast-paced virtual work
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Able to manage content production for a diverse portfolio of
- Experience using online tools for project management and
- Experience writing and editing in IT/tech and B2B writing is a
- General understanding of SEO is a big plus.
This salaried position is full-time. Salary ranges from
$60,000-$65,000 depending on experience. Profound Strategy also
offers PTO, health, vision, dental, 401k, FSA, and other benefits.
-Hours are generally 8:30AM to 5PM.
Keywords: Profound Strategy, Raleigh , Content Marketing Editor (remote), Advertising , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!