Night Auditor - Part Time
Company: Sonesta International Hotels
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Job Description Summary
The Night Auditor (NA) is responsible for accurately balancing all
hotel income and expenses for every 24 hour hotel operating period.
The NA also acts as a Guest Service Agent for the overnight front
desk shift at the hotel. The NA is responsible for consistently
delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall
success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives
covering the front desk. The NA will act as the hotel system
liaison during night hours. The NA will call in and open tickets
with Opera, SynXis, or system support during the overnight hours if
a system fails or issues occur.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions
with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T.
- Balance and audit room revenue, food and beverage revenue and
telephone revenue for accuracy; assist in the preparation of all
reports relevant to daily revenues.
- Balance and audit all room tax charges, cashier reports, and
guest house accounts for accuracy.
- Complete and transmit daily management/accounting reports with
any supporting documentation ensuring the accurate accounting of
the hotel revenues and expenses.
- Prepare General Manager daily, weekly and month end reporting
- Assist in the set up the complimentary breakfast service to
include hot and cold food service, juice and coffee stations, and
- Assist in the washing, drying, and folding of hotel
- Act as the security point of contact during various times in
- Communicate with the Operations Manager to resolve accounting
discrepancies and to request or provide information.
- Register guests, issue room keys, and provide information on
hotel services, room location, and Travel Pass rewards program.
Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in
accordance with established procedures including but not limited to
posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports,
preparing deposit, and counting/ securing assigned bank.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or
groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel;
process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on
changes. Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize revenue.
- Follow the overall seasonal demand reservation strategy as
communicated by the hotel management team with regard to room type
and length of stay pricing.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental
- Service the shoppe and the pour by ensuring guests receive the
service and products offered by the hotel. Follow all local laws
with regard to alcoholic beverage sales.
- Ensure guest special requests are fulfilled and proper delivery
of guest services is delivered.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Comply with federal, state and local laws regarding health,
safety, and alcohol services.
- Perform other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS AND
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of previous hotel experience preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry
- Reading and writing skills are utilized when compiling
department records, guest registration and reservation
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, and
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and
training abilities preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Opera systems
- Valid driver's license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving
about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 50
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Will be required to obtain a ServSafe certification.
- May be required to obtain a TIPS certification.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and
holidays. Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping
ensure the health and financial security of employees and their
families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full
application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete
applications received will not be considered.
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels, Raleigh , Night Auditor - Part Time, Accounting, Auditing , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...