Senior Mortgage Operations Specialist
Company: Local Government Federal Credit Union
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Description:The Senior Mortgage Operations Specialist is
responsible for the Mortgage loan servicing and operational
functions. This role is responsible for ensuring that servicing
practices are best-in class and fully compliant with agreed upon
contractual terms and conditions, complying with state, federal,
and agency (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) guidelines and the Credit
Union's policies and procedures. The candidate will assist with
designing, maintaining, and managing review plans and governance to
ensure optimal portfolio performance and outstanding customer
experiences emanate from the 1st Mortgage provider and servicer.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Assist the Mortgage Operations Manager with oversight of
third-party servicing vendor and work in conjunction with company
compliance and legal personnel to validate Credit Union portfolios
are managed in accordance with all state, federal and agency
- Assist in the management of a comprehensive and effective Loan
Servicing Vendor Oversight Program to measure servicing vendor
performance (trends, risks, and opportunities). If required,
conduct onsite visits to servicer facilities as needed.
- Validate that all required investor and government reporting is
completed in compliance with stated guidelines.
- Validate the completeness and accuracy of inbound and outbound
bulk data transfers.
- Confirm flow/bulk loan data transfer and receipt by
- Provide necessary, accurate and timely mortgagor loan data to
- Reconcile remittances received from servicer against accounting
- Review daily activity reports from servicer to ensure
validation of processing activities.
- Verify adequate servicer oversight of loan billings, demand
statements and payoff processing, investor accounting, reporting
relating to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, GL reconciliation review,
daily index tracking, daily workflow of insurance
cancellations/non-renewals, forced placed insurance, insurance
claims processing, correspondence with borrowers and insurance
agents, and insurance certificates for compliance and escrow
processing and analysis.
- Verify adequate servicer oversight of property tax
disbursements and annual review of delinquent property taxes.
Correspond with borrowers to recoup advances and/or setup mandatory
- Verify sub-servicer is conducting annual property inspections
as required, evaluating low valued assets, and providing best
course of action or exit strategy.
- Review and approve funding wires as necessary.Job
QualificationsHere are a few skills you MUST have to be considered
for this position.
- Minimum 4 - 6 years of experience in Consumer Mortgage Loan
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of mortgage lending,
servicing, and operational policies and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, and accept
change and function in a team environment and deal professionally
with internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical, decision-making skills, organizational, and
project management skills.
- Ability to function in a business office environment and
utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC,
copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer
- Some travel may be required.Here are a few qualifications we'd
LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in Credit Union mortgage loan
operations.About the LGFCU and Civic CultureOur organizations
believe we can all do well by doing good. We value the
contributions of diverse minds and prioritize the success and
wellbeing of our employees. We also believe every person in our
organization plays a role in supporting a healthy environment and
helping to achieve our goal of prosperity for all. To this end, we
recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our
team. In return, we offer a dynamic workplace that presents
opportunities for professional advancement and individual growth.
We strive to always display integrity, self-awareness, courage and
respect for one another while continuing to seek opportunities to
learn. We really believe that when our employees succeed, our
community wins. If you have questions about this position
description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR
at:LGFCU Human Resources 3600 Wake Forest RoadRaleigh, NC 27609
Keywords: Local Government Federal Credit Union, Raleigh , Senior Mortgage Operations Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...