Mortgage Loan Originator
Company: American National Bank and Trust Company
Posted on: January 26, 2023
JOB SUMMARY The Mortgage Loan Originator is responsible for
increasing the mortgage loan portfolio and/or sales on the
secondary market of mortgage loans by developing business contacts;
attracting and soliciting mortgage customers; and ensuring the
completion of the mortgage loan process. Develops and maintains
successful relationships with business referral sources. ESSENTIAL
- Originates single family home mortgage applications from
outside sources, realtors, builders, financial planners and
- Meets with bank referrals to discuss various mortgage
- Interviews customer; takes mortgage loan application; pulls
credit report; runs loan through automated underwriting (AUS).
- Provides written pre-qualification letter for applicants to
- Determines which mortgage product will work best for
- Reviews loan for QM and ATR requirements and compliance.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all agency and government
products to decide best product for customer per agency or investor
- Locks interest rate with investor for 45-60 days.
- Provides all disclosures and is responsible for compliant
- Collects all documentation necessary to approve mortgage
- Examines and analyzes financial and income documents.
- Initiates appraisal request order through Bank's third party
- Submits mortgage application through mortgage LOS to mortgage
- Discusses mortgage process and application with processor,
underwriter and closer.
- Coordinates processing and works with customer and closing
agent on closing date.
- Provides updates to customer as well as all involved parties to
- Accepts modification requests from Bank mortgage loan
- Collects documents; updates credit and income; analyzes
modification requests; and forwards to processing.
- Attends bank events promoting mortgage products and
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all American National Bank
products, services, procedures, policies and appropriate regulatory
issues relating to daily job functions including but not limited
to: Bank Secrecy Act; Privacy; Fair Lending; Regulation E; deposit,
transaction and loan accounts.
- Normal office working environment.
- Travel to banking offices as needed.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Deals effectively with varying workload requirements - sets
priorities and manages time wisely.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented with experience
managing multiple tasks.
- Exercises sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates good communication skills, both verbal and
- Exhibits a passion for excellent customer service.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and other relevant
software. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, business or related
- 3 - 7 years' mortgage experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage processing, underwriting
and closing procedures.
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending
- Understanding of Federal Regulations governing Real Estate
Lending. The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. American National Bank is an
equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
disability status. PM21 PI200362413
Keywords: American National Bank and Trust Company, Raleigh , Mortgage Loan Originator, Accounting, Auditing , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!