Company: Local Government Federal Credit Union
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Accounting Analyst will apply generally accepted accounting
principles (GAAP) to compile financial information, originate and
review general journal entries, and reconcile general ledger
accounts. This role will provide financial analysis and other
support to the Credit Union, and/or its affiliates. Normal
- Records, classifies, and summarizes financial transactions and
events in accordance with GAAP.
- Computes and prepares data for journal entries for various
areas including investments, credit & debit cards, mortgage or
commercial loans, and benefit accounts.
- Posts and balances entries pertaining to prepaid and fixed
assets including depreciation at month-end.
- Prepares bank reconciliations and reconciles sub-ledger to the
general ledger in order to resolve differences and determines
disposition of discrepancies.
- Maintains accurate balances for all Credit Union general ledger
- Actively participates in all aspects of the month end financial
- Coordinates obtaining any necessary reports from various Credit
Union departments to facilitate financial and accounting
- Applies principles of accounting to record financial
information and prepare financial reports by using standard
spreadsheet, database and accounting applications software.
- Ensures a working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and
interpretations governing financial statements and disclosure,
including Internal Revenue Code, GAAP and other applicable
- May establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation
of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- May provide special project assistance to Accounting Manager,
Vice President or Controller as assigned. Job Qualifications Here
are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this
- A minimum of 1-3 years of accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, telephone, interpersonal
communication and problem solving skills.
- PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and the Internet.
- Ability to function in a commercial business office environment
and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to:
PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer
- Travel required occasionally. Here are a few qualifications
we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this
- BA/BS in Accounting/Business.
- Experience preparing financial statements, general ledger
reconciliations, and preparation of journal entries.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. (Macros, VLookup, Pivot
- Experience with Oracle Accounting Software.
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP. About the LGFCU Culture If
you are working here, or considering working here, you should know
a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that
highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We
believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish
amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright,
energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return,
we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for
advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when
our employees succeed, members win. If you have questions about
this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can
reach our HR at: LGFCU Human Resources 3600 Wake Forest Rd Raleigh,
NC 27609 firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Local Government Federal Credit Union, Raleigh , Accounting Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!