Financial Forecasting Analyst
Company: Local Government Federal Credit Union
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Description:The individual who excels in this position will
advance financial forecasting, modeling and analysis to support
financial management, senior management decision making and
enterprise strategies. In addition, the analyst will provide
financial forecasting, modeling, and reporting to support Civic
FCU's business and operational needs.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Update financial forecast and analysis monthly/as needed in
collaboration with various teams and run financial forecast in the
ALM model (ZM) to deliver related reporting.
- Develop, maintain and enhance financial models (Excel and ZM)
including modeling inputs, assumptions, methodology, back-testing
- Perform financial projections and analysis to support balance
sheet management, business case/project analysis and strategic
- Support the annual financial budgeting process.
- Actively monitor and analyze trends of key financial metrics
and the underlying drivers. Understand financial performance
against forecast and the reasons for variances.
- Follow industry trends and conduct benchmark/peer analysis.
Collect, research and analyze internal and external data to gain
actionable insights in support of financial modeling and
- Perform financial modeling and scenario analysis as requested
- Support ALM, capital management, performance measurement and
balance sheet optimization.
- Production and ongoing delivery of PowerPoint
presentations/reporting for Senior and Executive Management, the
Board and its related sub-committees at both LGFCU and Civic FCU,
as well as external reporting materials to support requirements of
credit union regulators, accounting firms and any other
- Document work processes and models used for financial
forecasting and analysis purposes.
- Support loan and deposit pricing analytics and associated
Job QualificationsHere are a few skills you MUST have to be
considered for this position.
- 2+ years hands on experience (including in an academic setting)
in forecasting, modeling and/or analyzing complex data utilizing
various analytical software.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Attention to detail. Exhibit high standards of accuracy.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to function in a commercial business office environment
and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to:
PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer
printer).Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to
make you more suited for this position.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in finance, economics,
business, accounting, mathematics, statistics or engineering.
- Possession or work towards advanced degrees in finance,
economics, business, accounting, mathematics, statistics,
engineering or related quantitative fields.
- Possession or progress towards Chartered Financial Analyst
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of bank or credit union finance
- Familiarity with financial statements, financial forecasting,
modeling, cost-benefit analysis, valuation analysis and cash-flow
analysis, preferably related to banking and financial
- Ability to work with large, complex data sets; experience with
statistical tool such as SAS.
- A self-starter who can accomplish all responsibilities
independently with minimal guidance as well as collaborate
cross-functionally in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, projects, and
- Strong presentation skills.
About the LGFCU CultureIf you are working here, or considering
working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU
culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of
a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands
together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this
end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members
of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic workplace that presents
opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really
believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel
welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:LGFCU Human Resources3600
Wake Forest Rd.Raleigh, NC firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Local Government Federal Credit Union, Raleigh , Financial Forecasting Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!