Director, Real Estate Finance Attorney
Company: CIT Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering
businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to
navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial
holding company with over a century of experience and operates a
principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal
Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes
commercial financing, community association banking, middle market
banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar
financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and
asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a
national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at
cit.com/about.Responsibilities:The Director, Real Estate Finance
Attorney reports to the Chief Counsel of Real Estate Finance. The
Director, RE Finance Attorney supports CIT Bank's commercial
lending businesses with a primary emphasis on commercial real
estate lending. Experience in other areas of secured lending,
including Community Reinvestment Act real estate lending and/or SBA
lending, is a plus.
Counsel will have significant client interface and will work
closely with sales, underwriting and portfolio risk management and
other team members in the business unit.
- Preparation, negotiation and/or review of confidentiality
agreements, proposal letters, term sheets, commitment letters,
credit agreements, intercreditor agreements and related mortgages,
deeds of trust and other security agreements;
- Retain and manage outside counsel;Qualifications:
- J.D. degree with superior academic credentials; admitted to the
bar of at least one state.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in commercial lending/real
estate lending in a corporate law department and/or law firm.
- Experience in middle-market financing transactions, with an
emphasis on commercial real estate lending is required.
- Experience with other areas of secured lending, including
Community Reinvestment Act real estate lending and/or SBA financing
is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to weigh legal risks within a dynamic business
environment and deliver proactive and constructive legal
- Ability to work independently; strong initiative; diligent
- Must be capable of juggling multiple demands while maintaining
excellent client relationships and providing prompt legal
Keywords: CIT Group, Raleigh , Director, Real Estate Finance Attorney, Accounting, Auditing , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!