Senior Manager Continuous Improvement Kaizen Leader
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Description SummaryBe part of something bigger!BD is one of
the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is
advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery,
diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees
and a presence in virtually every country around the world to
address some of the most challenging global health issues.To help
us reach our goals BD has opened a position for a Senior Manager to
work directly within the plants to remove waste and drive
productivity improvement using a targeted Kaizen approach. This
role will partner closely with the plants to plan and execute short
Kaizen events to support Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost To Win
goals. As a leader of Kaizen events, this role will drive
improvement in the short-term but also help build this capability
within the plants in the long-term.Job
- Lead in-person Kaizen events within the plants. Although some
improvement actions will require change control processes, the
majority of the Kaizen improvements should strive to be completed
within the timeline of the actual event.
- Lead Kaizen process with all activities from:
- Identifying the best waste targets via Zero Loss Landscapes and
planning with leadership
- Prework and readiness activities
- As-needed training of site participants & support
- Actual Kaizen event
- Post Kaizen follow-up as-required.
- Partner with the plant OpEx leadership to grow the plant
capabilities to continuously remove waste via Kaizens.
- Work with the central OpEx organization to use these developed
capabilities across BDx.
- Teach the BD Production System (BDPS) concepts and systemic
approach, including Strategy Development & Deployment (SDD), core
components such as Tiered Management System (TMS) and Focused
Improvement (FI), Zero Loss approach and all related methodologies
- Use effective change management techniques to drive and support
culture and mindset shifts.
- Influence component / site / BU leaders to fully support and
demonstrate expected behaviors to successfully deploy and sustain
the BD Production System via Focused Improvement/Kaizen.
- Ensure results from Kaizen events deliver quick and effective
improvements in SQD&C.
- Ensure improvements delivered from Kaizen are sustainable and
continue to deliver long after the Kaizen is completed. Cost
savings are to be aligned with the site finance expectations and
translate to direct P&L savings.
- Use BDPS to ensure sustainment of the new & improved
performance realized through the Kaizen events.
- Where possible, bring to bear countermeasure ideas across
plants to replicate improvements.
- Provide regular reports on Kaizen benefits.
- Regularly engage with expanded network or practitioners across
BD; share best practices and benchmarking.
- Develop capabilities and support autonomy of other
practitioners at various levels.Requirements:EDUCATION AND
- BS Degree or higher in Business, Organizational Behavior,
Engineering, Business Management, or related field
- Five (5) or more years proven experience leading Kaizen
- Five (5) or more years within a production system
- Ten (10) or more years total experience in developing,
organizing, implementing, and managing projects and
- Proven success with deploying and sustaining a production
system and/or significant change management efforts aligning to
knowledge, skills and abilities listed above required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Leader Certification
preferred.COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Inspire change efforts
- Exceptional listening skills with an ability to effective give
and receive feedback in order to perform shared tasks, meet common
- Influence a variety of organizational levels; at the component
level, site (plant) or across the network
- Effective facilitation (informal and formal) and presentation
skills to diverse groups - levels, roles, regions
- Proven orientation to change by continuous improvement mindset
- Leads by example and inspires a vision
- Financial competence to understand how the BDPS process drives
tangible business results
- Demonstrates learning agility
- Multi-lingual preferred
- Willing and able to travel over 50%. Specific needs to be
determined by Business Unit
- Collaborative and influential with an orientation towards
- Diversity and Inclusion mindsetEmployment at BD is contingent
upon the Company's receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will
be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD's
Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be
considered pursuant to applicable law.Click on Apply if this sounds
like you!Why join us?A career at BD means being part of a team that
values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to
bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill
their life's purpose through the work that they do every day.You
will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues
who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive,
growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program -
which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning,
recognition, career growth, and life balance components - is
designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global
associates.To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/Primary
Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin LakesAdditional LocationsUSA CA - El
Cajon, USA CA - Irvine SenoRx, USA CA - San Diego (BDB), USA DC -
Washington, DC, USA IL - Carol Stream, USA IL - Oak Forest, USA IL
- Vernon Hills, USA MA - Andover, USA-MA-Boston-Newbury Street
(inactive), USA MA - Marlborough, USA MA - Woburn, USA MI -
Highland, USA MI - Sterling Heights Phoenix, USA MN - Minneapolis
Medina Rd, USA NC - Research Triangle Park, USA NY - Glens Falls,
USA OH - Cleveland, USA OH - Mason, USA PA - Warrendale, USA PA -
Zelienople, USA RI - Warwick, USA WA - SeattleWork Shift
Keywords: BD, Raleigh , Senior Manager Continuous Improvement Kaizen Leader, Accounting, Auditing , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!