Director Of IT
Company: Direct Distributors
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Oversees technology for the company with broad responsibility for
hardware, software, data, and interaction with all functional areas
to support a positive user experience. Works directly with
Executive Management to design and execute strategies to increase
productivity, safeguard and utilize data, and work with partners to
operate a secure and growing technology environment. Plays a key
role in both growth and business continuity planning for the
- Leads all aspects of technology growth and development to
support the company's vision. Works with the IT steering committee
to set the company's strategic direction, development, and future
growth with regards to technology.
- Serves as protector and steward of company data by facilitating
availability, security, and usability of all data. Has a broad
understanding of process and data flows to enable troubleshooting
with internal and external partners. Leads the effort on
maintaining a good cyber security hygiene.
- Collaborates with other department heads including Accounting,
Customer Service, EHS, Human Resources, Marketing, Purchasing,
Operations, and Security as an advisor on technologies that may
improve their efficiency and effectiveness. Has a working knowledge
of all systems used by various departments and locations - manages
interaction, security, and uptime of these systems. Maintains
external resources and relationships to address issues that cannot
be handled efficiently in-house.
- Proactively explores new technologies to enhance security and
facilitate business growth.
- Oversees third party vendors and active IT projects, providing
status reports on a regular basis that track actual results versus
- Maintains detailed records of all technology deployed as well
as an on-going plan to replace assets as they reach end of life.
Stays connected to field locations through visits and communication
and is aware of their technology needs. Works with team to audit
and ensure that equipment and workspaces that house equipment are
clean, maintained, and in proper working order. Disposes of old
equipment in a secure and timely manner.
- Prepares and executes hardware and software maintenance budgets
and strategy, overseeing a wide range of technology needs.
- Coordinates the prompt diagnosis and resolution of
infrastructure issues that have an impact on the business.
- Develops, communicates, and implements data and computer
security policies and procedures.
- Plays a key role in developing and executing business
continuity and disaster recovery plans. Takes the lead on
technological aspects of plans.
- Coordinates with the application vendors/development
teams/telecom partners to resolve problems and trouble
- Work with external service providers and vendors to identify,
select, and implement various technologies and oversee the security
of utilizing these services.
- Coordinates, documents, and reports on internal investigations
of possible security violations.
- Facilitates data requests involving legacy systems as needed.
- This position oversees the IT department and is responsible for
managing existing employees, leading recruitment and training of
new hires, and creating development plans for direct reports.
- Ensures that the IT department supports the broader company
strategy, rather than individual interests. Qualifications:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must have prior ERP implementation and ongoing
support/development coordination experience.
- Must have a strong understanding of mature IT process,
governance, and frameworks such as ITIL.
- Language Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write routine reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical
- Has a working understanding of financial statements and project
budgeting and finance.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form. Safety
Policies and Practices
- The person in this position must be knowledgeable about and
follow the company's safety policies and procedures as described in
the company safety program. Job Requirements
- Must be big-picture oriented and have a clear understanding of
how the components within an IT environment work together.
- Must be able to work with users and provide direction to IT
staff to address more granular issues.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
broadly across hardware, software, and information security.
- Ability to exercise judgement and work independently. Act as
self-starter and pro-actively introduces new ideas and highlights
issues, paired with proposed solutions, to the IT steering
committee. Physical Requirements
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne
particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical
shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Educational Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in area of specialty and 8-10 years of
experience in the field or in a related area.
- Must have demonstrated IT leadership experience. Working
- Reports to the General Manager. The above description covers
the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The
description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing
of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be
required from day to day.
- provided by Dice
Keywords: Direct Distributors, Raleigh , Director Of IT, Accounting, Auditing , Garner, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!