Senior Project Manager
Company: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Job #: 33738 Title: Senior Project Manager Job Location: Raleigh,
North Carolina - United States Employment Type: Salary: $90,000.00
- $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly Employer Will Recruit From:
Local Relocation Paid?: NO WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None
Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
Effective performance of the senior project manager rote requires
timely, accurate, and consistent completion of the following tasks.
Senior project managers are expected to proactively seek coaching
and corrective feedback regorcfing expectations and performance
improvement needs in these bosic functions The supervising project
director should provide clarification of expectations and
corrective feedback for any improvement needs identified in the
senior project manager`s work Repeated or ongoing performance
improvement needs should be addressed with a specific improvement
plan. Assess Customer Service Needs and Expectations
- From beginning of contract through project warranty period,
maintain contact with client to understand construction leadership
needs, facility maintenance needs, and other business needs that
may have facility-related
- Coordinate development and delivery of project planning
services (e.g., estimating, scheduling. value engineering.
reporting) with the project planning leader.
- Establish and clarify project-specific goals related to safety,
accounting, labor relations, EEO, and data
- Clarify quality standards, expectations, and priorities as
presented in the design documents, demonstrated in mockups, and
expressed through punchlist evaluations of work-in-place.
- Clarify close-out and building turnover requirements and
establish close-out goals and processes to meet those Ensure
Delivery of Contractual Services
- Oversee timely and accurate processing of all project
information documents relating to the contract, bulletins, field
work orders, and change orders, and require formal authorization
prior to proceeding in the field.
- Partner with Architect to coordinate delivery of design
packages with schedules for estimating, bidding, and
- Continually assess consistency of construction schedule and
work progress against contractual delivery
- Compare assessment of client needs to contractual obligations
and delivery of project professional management services by team
and all contracted trades, vendors, consultants, and suppliers to
ensure that proper service is provided to the client.
- Oversee final payment authorization and collection of final
payment. Allocate Project Resources
- Define project goals and priorities that establish resource
- Determine project staffing requirements necessary, to
successfully accomplish project, develop project staffing plan, and
establish work plan and schedules for each project phase.
- Establish work and authority scopes for all project team
members and communicate expectations and responsibilities related
to individual roles. Establish Subcontract Agreements
- Establish work scopes for all trade contractors and communicate
expectations and responsibilities related to project planning,
coordination with other trades, safety, and proactive definition of
- Clarify expectations and performance requirements in both
written project documents and through presentations and discussions
at pre-bid conferences, post-bid meetings, pre-installation
meetings, and other interactions.
- Procure and manage services of all relevant quality testing
- From the beginning of the project, establish contract and
project close-out requirements to ensure efficient and complete
turnover of the facility with all contractual obligations Execute
Contractual Risk Protections
- Determine Builder`s Risk Insurance approach for the project
(Owner) and ensure required coverage amounts and dates.
- Oversee billing process, receivables, and collection of
waivers, ensuring implementation of procedures established in
Create Positive Safety Climate
- Understand interface of construction activities and schedule
with client`s existing operations and
- Coordinate team leadership, emphasizing safety as the top
priority on the project requiring constant attention of
all workers to eliminating and mitigating hazardous conditions on
the site and preventing hazardous actions.
- Discuss hazard protection and accident prevention at every job
- Model safety awareness and planning at all times. Observe
safety practices on site and promptly address any unsafe
situations or behaviors, reporting violations and coordinating
corrective actions to the project superintendent.
- Require accurate and complete reports and involved trade
contractors following any incident or accident. Comply with All
Applicable Regulations Identify and procure necessary permits timed
to cover construction schedule needs.
- Partner with governing authorities responsible for inspections
and approvals to proactively understand requirements and potential
concerns, and develop plans to fulfill or exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued
by OSHA. EPA and other federal, state, and local regulatory
agencies with jurisdiction over Lead Trade Contractor Relations
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with both union
and nonunion trade contractors.
- When required, implement dual gate systems according to MI AGC
Dual Gate Handbook or relevant state guidelines. Communicate
- Coordinate information access and sharing across project team
members to keep all team members informed of current project
- Compile and analyze project financial information and
expenditures to evaluate effective use of available funds over the
course of the project, and prepare formal evaluations internally
and externally every month.
- Facilitate discussions among project team members regarding
planning, coordination, and quality and schedule requirements for
project activities. Establish Foundation for Lasting Relationships
- When conflicts and disputes arise during the course of the
project, focus all parties on developing mutually acceptable
solutions aligned with the contractual agreements.
- Compile fair and honest report of the project team`s experience
with each trade contractor using the trade contractor evaluation
survey. Promote Professional Development
- Establish an environment that supports questions and learning
in the context of the project goals and schedule. For all project
team members, promote development of knowledge base, leadership
skills, and partnership by modeling effective performance,
encouraging discussion and debate over solutions and approaches,
connecting project team members with learning opportunities and
other team members who could serve as mentors, and prompting team
members to recognize challenges early and plan ahead for important
- Provide motivational and constructive feedback to team members
regarding the impact of their efforts on the project`s success,
impressions being created with other team members, and
contributions to the quality of relationships being developed
within the team. QUALIFICATIONS Education:
Keywords: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network, Raleigh , Senior Project Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!